Sonos Players out of Sync

I have eight Sonos devices and over time their IP addresses have changed and I think that is why what is labeled as one player in ST is now another. I know I should moved to static addresses but for now I don’t want to mess with that.

How can I easily remap the Sonos devices in ST? I tried to opening the Sonos Connect app but that did nothing. I want to avoid deleting and re-adding them if possible so I don’t have to go adding them back to apps, etc.

Thx

My suggestion is to set the static IPs, reboot your router, install a second sonos connect app - name the NEW duplicate sonos found with their old name + “new” at the end.

Then open the old sonos devices in ST - go to smart app view - then simply switch from the old to the new for each app.

When you are done - delete the old sonos devices, the old Sonos Connect and then rename the new versions of the device by deleting “new”

2 Likes

Well, having just updated the iOS app Sonos Connect has gone away due to Super Lan Connect replacing it so it looks like I will have to delete and re-add.

Awesome.

1 Like