Sonos issues with Custom Greetings

Hi All,

3 questions and issues.
Just recently purchased Play 5 and loving it! But I am having issues on getting my Sonos to action correctly. I have my setup to automatically perform goodnight, good morning, etc and change the modes to Night, Home etc. I have my hub configured in the Sonus Notify with Sound app with custom greetings and I am having issues such as that when my mode updates to HOME, ( which I have set up to say “Good Morning”), my Sonos outputs…

1.- Good Morning and followed by music which cuts off about 5 seconds after
or…
2.- Music automatically plays without the greeting and cuts off about 5 seconds later…
( to keep in mind that I have no music currently playing when and not sure why music is trying to play…)

1. Also, I’ve tried to configure 2 actions under 2 separate instances with a GoodMorning Greeting configured when “system change mode” to HOME and to play the current weather also configured when “system change mode” to HOME the output on my Sonos is…
  • Music playing and again cuts off after about 5 seconds later…

But when i reconfigure to play my current weather by MOTION, it outputs only the Weather and does not Play “GoodMorning”

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(Tenzing Sherpa) #2

I have the same issue so would like feedback as well on this

anyone have any ideas on this issue? thanks

(Greg) #4

use big talker for everything other than weather.

ok thanks for the advise. I will try it out

Hi Greg,

installed the APP and configured it and does not work for me.

(Greg) #7

If you elaborate on what is not working I might be able to help. The app does work so I assume perhaps you installed incorrectly? I’d start with a fresh install.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’ve reinstalled it again, and doesn’t seem to work, or maybe I am probably doing something wrong. My basic configs are below on testing out 1 trigger. Am I missing an extra configuration item from my basic configs below?

Switch Group 2
-Talk with these text to speech devices (default) = Sonus speaker
Switch = Kitchen Light Switch
Say this when turned on = Kitchen light on
Say this when turned off = Kitchen light off

(Greg) #9

are you copying from git hub raw? are you seeing logging?

yes from git hub raw. and sorry, what do you mean if i see logging? pretty new to smartthings.

(Greg) #11

Log into the ide and view the commands being sent. (link near the top that says developers) I still think perhaps you have an installation issue rather than an app issue because it works fine for me.

ok thanks. yes I am seeing logs from the big talker app.

(Brian S. Lowrance) #13

I corrected an issue with Switch Groups among many other added features and bugfixes in the latest version 1.1.0 located here: https://github.com/rayzurbock/SmartThings-BigTalker . Give it a shot if you don’t mind and let me know if it works correctly for you now. I recommend removing your current version before updating the code and reinstalling.