Hey all, hope I’m posting in the right section. Long time lurker.
I’m planning to jump into HA in my new home. Devices I already have:
- Amazon Echo (2 full-size, two dots)
- Sonos (2 Play1s, possibly will expand to include more in future)
- Nest thermostat
- Nest protect
- Ring smart doorbell
I’m planning to add a SmartThings hub plus a series of Fibaro Double Switch and Dimmer modules so I can control all of my LED lighting.
Functionality I’m looking for:
- Voice control of all devices and lighting with Amazon Echo or iPhone
- Monitor energy usage
- Status acknowledgement (e.g. so I know if an iron has been left on)
- Potential to expand system to include more devices in future (e.g. security cams, alarm system etc.)
SmartThings seems to tick all the boxes, and I imagine opinions will lean one way given where I’m asking the question, but am I on the right track?
I’ve come across some threads on here already referencing the tweaks that will need to be made to get full support for Fibaro modules, but is there anything I need to be aware of?
Thanks in advance!