SMH and Triggers

I’m new to ST, about 3 weeks or so and found this community a huge help. Things are working really well, I am surprised at how easily problems were resolved just by looking here - so thanks! This question has likely been asked a thousand times though I can’t find it specifically. Can I use SMH to trigger actions, like turn on a light when a sensor alerts? Or is all of that interaction a combo of SMH and routines? Currently I use Smart Alarm but I see its no longer being supported. I saw a post recommending SMH + Rule Machine, then saw Rule Machine is no longer supported. So I’d like to go pure ST supported apps, just looking for a nice way to make it work. Not against community apps though if there is a currently supported better option.

Bill

Welcome! The only official way what’s built into SHM itself.

There used to be an “alert with lights” option in SHM, then it went away for a little while, and I don’t know whether it has come back or not. It’s still listed in the official knowledge base:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205380154-Smart-Home-Monitor

If you want something more flexible, CoRE ( The community – created replacement for rule machine) has an SHM trigger feature. :sunglasses:

Thank you! A saw articles on CoRE but I will admit I was unsure if what it was. My newness with some of the language. I will definitely give this a shot!

1 Like

SHM still has Alert with Lights

1 Like

Damn, It’s right there as plain as day. I amaze myself with my own blindness somethings. Thanks!

2 Likes

Just to close the loop I installed CoRE and couldn’t be happier, amazing tool from the community. The developers should be extremely proud!

2 Likes

don’t tell @ady624, his head won’t fit out the door much longer :yum:

2 Likes