SmartTiles

No. It just needs space for one new icon.

ok the issue i am having is
i have this installed on a ipad mini and every time the screen hibernates i have to log back in to use it? it never used to be like that on my other ipad before some scroat stole it, what am i doing wrong peeps

Not your fault (and not really oursā€¦). We had to eliminate ā€œtokenized URL loginsā€ and replace with SmartThings IDE login as a stopgap until V6 (ActionTiles) ā€¦ coming ā€¦ soon(?).

See: SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...) for lots more details and various workaround recommendations in the meantime.

Sorry :cry:

thanks, any idea on time frame ? also i assume if i keep devise power on it will stay on ??

Leaving the device on will hopefully prevent logouts, but please see the Topic for much more detail SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...)

We are not publishing a release date for ActionTilesā„¢. Thereā€™s no value in announcing dates because it would only make us look bad if we miss them due to factors outside our control. Follow our Twitter, Facebook, G+, etc. though!

time to make a coffee and have a read, thanks for your help @tgauchat

1 Like

I did not see a current SmartTiles general discussion thread, so Iā€™m posting in this slightly older oneā€¦

Above SmartTiles was described as basically either a web page or app based interface to ST. Does this mean that I could wall mount a tablet, have SmartTiles running as a browser taking up roughly 50% of the screen and then have normal Android apps displayed on the other half of the screen?

My wife is not really sold on any of this HA stuff (she just wanted some basic security stuff) and this is one of the systems/setups that Iā€™m looking to try and pull her into the HA world. If I could have a tablet that ran and displayed her Big Over and Calendar apps along with the HA stuff, she might just buy into.

Also, from what I have read, there is no way to get the Blink cameras to display a live view to a SmartTile tile? What about Arlo cameras?

1 Like

The main SmartTiles Topic is currently: SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...)

Meanwhileā€¦

1. SmartTiles (and ActionTiles) runs as a web-App (single page website), so if youā€™re able to run a browser in split screen mode, it should workā€¦ But I havenā€™t figured it out under Android.

2. SmartTiles Video questions are supported by the Community here: SmartTiles: Video Camera Compatibility

Thanks. Iā€™ve never looked into running a browser in split screen on Android before, so it might not be possible. Iā€™ll have to go research what possible Android and non Android options could be out there.

1 Like