SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...)

Any updates on the release of Action Tiles?

Thanks!

The map/forecast was done using these instructions: Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas - #1169 by kevin

And yes, Iā€™m using custom CSS. Thereā€™s a lot of info in the link above.

Action Tiles is now available on Microsoft app store. :wink:

What about android?

Gekoā€™s link is not our App.

Please stay tuned to https://www.actiontiles.com

2 Likes

Ooopsā€¦ my bad. I though you guys switched to Windows. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Iā€™ve set up a dashboard with some Thermostats. The thing is that they are software (virtual) thermostats. The tiles in the Smartthings app points to methods for increasing and decreasing the temperature and they trigger when I use the app.

But I really canā€™t see any response from the thermostats when i press up and down in Smarttiles? How are those events mapped to the thermostat? Is there sent some kind of event, or does it map to the actions on the tiles in the Smartthings app?

Thanks,
Anders,

What are you using for a virtual thermostat? I want one. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m working on a custom setup which is a really early version. Itā€™s working stable at home though.

You can see the SmartApp here https://github.com/anderssv/smartthings-code/blob/master/smartapps/smartthings-f12-no/heating-control.src/heating-control.groovy . You can test if you want to, but remember to install the thermostat device handler from the same repo. :slight_smile:

I also recently saw this setup (but I think it requires real thermostat devices), that Iā€™ve been wanting to test. [BETA RELEASE] Multi-feature Programmable Thermostat SmartApp

Let me know if you test mine and have any quesitons, but do it in PM or a new thread so we donā€™t hijack this one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on release date?

It has gone very quiet after the tease 18 days ago.

That is why I am asking, how long do we have to wait?

Please follow this thread for ActionTiles release announcement:

4 Likes

Has anyone figured a way to display a .SWF Flash movie into one of the SmartTiles video streams? Specifically, something like: http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KCAMULFO2&freq=&units=english&lang=EN

SmartTiles doesnā€™t really have a way of dealing with plug-ins such as Flash. The HTML tag to support video is pretty bare-bones. Weā€™re trying to fancy-it-up in future versions of ActionTiles, but it will be incremental and the road-map has not been laid out.

###Important Alert added to the SmartTiles Blog:

1 Like

I just setup smarttiles, and itā€™s really pretty cool. Only problem is the clock tile shows the wrong timezone. My smartthings hub is set right, so the events log is ok, but I canā€™t figure out how to tell smarttimes to change the tile time zone.

Any ideas?

The Clock Tile currently only shows the time of the clock on your browsing device (Tablet, PC, etc.).

Make sure your system timezone is set correctly?

Odd, I was traveling internationally a few days ago, but Iā€™ve been back in
the states for a few days. If I view the dashboard on my laptop the time
is right, itā€™s bad from my phone browser. Iā€™m not why. Oh well.

Not sure why eitherā€¦ but; may be worth rebooting your phone now that youā€™re back in your home Timezone?