Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

I haven’t noticed this from the screenshots I’ve seen so thought I’d share, you can add weather radar to SmartTiles. You just have to poke around your favorite weather site (try local tv station) and find the animated gif you like. Avoid the interactive maps that let you pan around, try the weather blog or animated thumbnail image at the main website. Also at a lot of local TV stations, you can find the 7 day forecast as an image, or a nice weather/traffic camera image.

Then you can either:
(1) right click in chrome, open image in new tab, if it looks good, copy that URL
(2) sometimes the gif is behind an overlay, so once you find the image you want, right click it in chrome and Inspect, to the right you will see the html and look for the gif URL buried in the html, copy it.

** Test the URL in browser window and make sure the image loads as expected before going into SmartTiles. Extra text or spaces around the URL caused big problems in SmartTiles for me. The URL should start with “http” and end with “.gif” or “.jpg”

Now go into SmartTiles - Video Stream - Stop Motion and paste it in.

12 Likes