SmartTiles Dashboard v5.7: Release March 2, 2016

Sorry about this problem… We’ve had several reports now that I have to declare this to be a “known issue / bug” and will update our website shortly.

This is somehow a problem that relates to SmartTiles being “published” a couple weeks ago and perhaps other security tweaks that SmartThings has done or is doing…

1. If you need a quick solution, you can install “SmartTiles (Connect)” again from http://SmartTiles.click/install

Secret: You might not need to uninstall first!

If your current version (of the child dashboards) is “+006” then you will likely get a second instance of “SmartTiles (Connect)” installed with own 5 child dashboards (version “+002”).

1. OR… If you have a bit of time to debug, please send me an email to: Support@SmartTiles.click and I’ll give you a few further instructions. We may try to engage @slagle or @jody.albritton. You can also try to collect some live logging in a separate browser while getting the error behavior you describe.

Stay tuned for more information as we figure this out. Thanks!

1 Like

@tgauchat Is there a way I can have different tiles appearing if I am am in a different mode (away, night, home).

2 Likes

No… But that’s a great feature idea for SmartTiles V6. I think we’ve had a similar request a while ago.

It’s really just the idea of “automatically” triggering a different dashboard based on some event or mode; something that won’t be a technical problem at all in the new design; just not sure what the user interface to configure it should look like. @625alex will think about it.

2 Likes

Cool, when could I expect v6 to be here?
What I wanted to do is to have a pin code to desactivate the alarm but only have it appear when the alarm is on. It works using the smartpins app, however it is useless having the keypad always appearing.

Can’t wait for v6

The future is still a bit too cloudy for us to predict V6 release date; though it is definitely getting closer – we have not run into major roadblocks except time and money!

I think @625alex is thinking of figuring out a way to possibly do at least a simple PIN proof-of-concept for V5 in the meantime.

1 Like

I found a question from Oct 15 about changing hue bulb color from within SmartTiles, is still in the works?

I don’t see this feature making it into SmartTiles V5, but it is implemented in V6 already. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

[quote=“tgauchat, post:249, topic:40905, full:true”]
2. If there’s an “Android App Intent” set by the App, then you might be able to use a Link Tile that has a URL of the correct form (something like “pandora://”) and/or I think some Apps can automatically intercept their own URLs from the browser (i.e., “http://m.pandora.com/…” will automatically redirect to the App, perhaps?[/quote]

@AnthonyJS02
In my case, I was thinking about this one other time, and finally got around to trying it today. What seems to be working for me is to create a ‘link to other website’ tile pointing to the URL for the app’s related website counterpart, and then, the first time I go to click on it, instead of just having it automatically open in the browser, choose the option to open the local app, AND set it to ALWAYS.

Now, when I click on my link tiles for Google Maps, Google Keep, Pandora…the apps open (well, with the caveat that, upon opening, some (all?) of them do indeed briefly open the page/site, but it quickly disappears and the app opens – tiny portion of a second).

[quote=“tgauchat, post:261, topic:40905, full:true”]

No… But that’s a great feature idea for SmartTiles V6. I think we’ve had a similar request a while ago.

It’s really just the idea of “automatically” triggering a different dashboard based on some event or mode; something that won’t be a technical problem at all in the new design; just not sure what the user interface to configure it should look like. @625alex will think about it.[/quote]

Whether it’s based on Mode, or some other data-point (leave it up to the user), it seems like the ability to trigger an automatic change from one dashboard to another like that would be very smart. :slight_smile:

The only problem I face with such a thing is the fact that I’m already out of dashboards, and also already have a waiting list of instances needed for the rooms I have yet to mount control panels in. :stick-poke: :wink:

I know this suggestion is a bit round-about, but just in case you haven’t tried this yet…

One option would be to create a set of virtual/simulated switches (each to represent a different color), and a set of rules in Rule Machine to change the hue bulb colors, and trigger those rules from ‘button/switch’ tiles.

1 Like

I saw this mentioned when I was searching for “smarttiles hue”, definitely something I will try. Now how about a momentary button that will give me a random color? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I created this app that I forgot about:
https://github.com/625alex/SmartThings/blob/master/apps/Dim-a-Hue.groovy

It allows you to use a (virtual) dimmer to change light color.

4 Likes

hi Alex

when are you planning to distribute a beta version of V6.
I am really looking forward to it.

Ciao
Fab

3 Likes

Hi Fab (et al.)…

@625alex and I are going crazy keeping V6 a secret, but have been a little distracted with some important touches to V5.8 we will be releasing over the next week or so.

After that, we are planning on presenting a sneak peek (pictures? video?) that will clearly highlight the features of V6 we are most proud of. Lots of core functionality is working and stable at this time.

As for Beta…

1. It’s still too soon for us to set a date, as we really, really, really, don’t want a thread like the SmartThings V2 Hub thread that had 1000 “are we there yet?” posts in it.

2. Even for Beta, we are dependent on SmartThings to publish the SmartApp used by V6. We’ve been working with @slagle and @jody.albritton closely to ensure they won’t see any surprises in the submitted code.

3. There will be at last 2 rounds of Beta and feedback sessions, each by invitation only. Priority for invites will be primarily based on donors and the donation amount (no suggested amount yet), though we reserve the right to set and change any arbitrary beta participation criteria at any time.

Most of all… Thank’s so much for your enthusiasm … and patience. Building V6 has been a lot of work and, of course, taking longer than hoped, but the results are incredible (i.e., Alex doing the work, and me saying… wow!! :open_mouth::wink:). To me, it is sooooo good that I don’t want any unforeseen bugs or security issues slipping in and tainting this jewel, so the Beta process is incredibly important.

2 Likes

I can only offer a super sneak peak at the moment:

Your very excellent theme is already ported to V6! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m going on vacation until V6 is released.

I kid. I kid. :fearful:

1 Like

That is good news :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Remember that is Sballoz with z at the end

1 Like

I am coming with you :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

thanks a lot for the message.
As an early donor I hope I will be able to see v6 soon.
But v.5.7 is already excellent for me.

2 Likes

We have started a Topic for SmartTiles v5.8.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.