SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

Another Dean Smith - What’dya know!

I’ve searched high and low for some answers and I hope the community can help me. How do I refresh SmartTiles to include new devices?

Let’s keep the Video issues discussion in the SmartTiles Video Camera Topic only, please. See you there! :wave:

You would have to add them to he application. go under smart apps select sdmart tiles and click on things once there select the ones you want.

1 Like

Just want to add to this, I’m still not able to get SmartTiles working on my V2 UK hub? When I click “Install” on the SmartTiles page it takes me to the API and asks me to select a hub… But my hub is not listed. It looks like its defaulted to the US API, and not the UK one which is why its not seeing my hub. Anyway around this at the moment?

Are you able to get other services like IFTTT and Amazon Echo working (or other examples you can give me…)?

As far as I know, this is a widespread problem with resolution pending by SmartThings. However, @AutomateEverything (in the UK) says that SmartTiles is working for him – perhaps you two can compare notes?

No looks like the same issue for IFTTT. Shame really as would have really loved to have that working.
The up side is, I really dont have the money right now to go out and buy all the additional gadgets needed to make this work as I intend it too over time.

If it wasn’t for my wedding in 5 weeks and then buying our first home within the next few months… I’d have a fully automated home tomorrow!!! :smile:

Im thinking it may be due to the fact i have a USV1 HUBthough, im holding off on a EUV2 until it works correctly bug free (or less buggy - nothing is ever bug free i guess)

2 Likes

Yah… It’s too bad that UK Hub users can’t force connect to the USA servers as a workaround.

2 Likes

This is noted in the FAQs. There is no workaround at the moment and everything is in SmartThings’ court at the moment. They promised a fix in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Aha! Found it, thank you!

1 Like

Funnily enough I’m from the UK, just happen to be living in Canada!

It might be even funnier if we both for the same company?

Uh oh. Did you just catch each other surfing the SmartThings Community during work hours! :smile:

That… would be rather odd.

<_<

_>

I won’t tell if he won’t tell :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Alex, sorry if you’ve addressed this before, but I can’t find it and I’ve searched considerably. But can you explain the security implications associated with granting SmartTiles.click full and complete access to everyone’s SmartThings library of items?

When SmartThings.com is asking for my permission, it is granting SmartTiles.click (the Website) the ability to view any of my Things, as well as trigger any of them.

So, for example, it seems this would enable whomever controls SmartThings.click (presumably you) to - for example - open door locks, disable alarms, stop cameras, turn off lights, etc.

I can’t think of a potentially more dangerous situation than granting a single system complete control over everyone’s homes. In fact, it’s a huge concern I have with Lowe’s Iris system. Even if you trust the people running the service, it’s far too rich of a target for hackers.

Considering that SmartThings knows where we live, and could open doors, I can think of no greater threat than granting access to third parties.

Thoughts?

John P.

3 Likes

I’ve responded to your inquiring regarding “security implications associated with SmartTiles” (etc.) as a New Topic. Please continue the security related discussion there. Thank-you!

I guess the question is, are you on 16 or 17? :smile:

16!

Huray, all whopping three SmartThings users in Edmonton work in the same building!

3 Likes