SmartTiles: Accessibility

At the request of one of my friends and clients I tested SmartTiles 5.8 with VoiceOver running on my iPad. My thought was since this is just a web page it should work just fine. Wrong :frowning2:

Yo can read tile names, tempatures, percentages and killawatts. However you have no idea of device statuses. VoiceOver can find the icon but there seems to be a missing label element. This should have been a show stopping bug.

Tagging @tgauchat

1 Like

SmartTiles v5.8 is not accessible compliant, but this is a goal for a future version (but not first release) of ActionTiles v6.

I’ve sent you a note to invite you to our Beta Program for ActionTiles so you can contribute in various ways, and we’d especially love your input on accessibility.

Calling this a “show stopping bug” for v5.8, seems to not acknowledge that the SmartApp was developed by volunteers and provided free of charge. We’re doing the best we can to make this a viable venture that will have the resources to address shortcomings like this and the countless features being requested.

Thank-you.

1 Like

I called it that because most web developer tools will throw an ungodly number of warnings these days if you leave out DOM (Document Object Model) elememets for accessibility.

Thank you for granting access to ActionTiles. As I mentioned in the other thread I am interested and will be buying the product.

1 Like

I have also tried it with Talkback on Android and it was not accessible. I uninstalled. I can beta test as well if needed.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for testing on Android, as I am not as versed in it as I am with the Apple world. I will be trying on Windows with Jaws in various browsers just to make sure the results are the same. What reads in iOS reads there.

1 Like

If you would like to beta test ActionTiles V6 for accessibility, please contact us.

2 Likes