SmartThings @ TreeHacks (Stanford - Palo Alto, CA) 2/20-2/22

Hi All!

Just as we mentioned before, this upcoming Friday-Sunday, we will be at TreeHacks! And since it’s just around the corner to our office, a TON of us will be there! So stop by and say hello! The whole community gang, @mager @ben, AND @jim (we rescued him from the snow!!!), and I will be there. In addition, come meet some of our support gang, and @Tyler.

We’ll be hacking all weekend long, so come stop by and say hello!

But of course, despite it being a hack-a-thon, it’s more of a “YAY! APRIL MADE STICKERS, AND SHE REALLY REALLY LIKES STICKERS.” We made some stickers, incase you didn’t get that. I’m proud enough to put them on my car, (and I still don’t allow people eating in it).

For those who won’t be able to make it, I’ll be posting some updates here, so you can live vicariously through this thread.

See ya there!!

2 Likes

Mager, Jim, and I are getting revved for TreeHacks! :slight_smile: We’ll see you all there!

1 Like

Mannn-o-mannn,

I really wanted to go but I’m getting sick :flushed: . Can you guys stream some stuff?

Twack

What is he doing to your arm? Hope it wasn’t too painful. :smile:

1 Like

He’s installing the new V3 presence detector chip, obviously. :wink:

2 Likes

The event hasn’t started yet, but people are already approaching us, and asking about our platform. Ben even brought his Muse : I hope someone makes an integration with it!

We’re getting started to talk to them to hack for us!

Bonus: a group photo!

@Jim looks like the Unibomber

Making our mark!

:open_mouth: lot’s of great buzz, people were excited seeing the live demo, and lots of positive chatter! Let’s hope someone comes up with something cool.

1 Like

Two separate groups is hoping to rig our hub v1 with bluetooth, and work with a Emotiv EPOC neuroheadset, to turn on a lightbulb! Ambitious! I hope it works! HOW AMAZING!

Hacking at 3 in the morning! Still going strong! whooohooo!

How goes the hacking? Does it make toast yet? LOL

2 Likes

My brain is making toast. I did manage to take a 3 hour nap after a whole day of work + last night! Here’s @karl and our office manager, Gina!

Someone is taking Ben’s muse to integrate with Direct TV!

Preeettty cool!

Hack me some Dish Network too!

Go SmartThings Teams!

1 Like

So meta.

@April, @Jim & @mager,

How’s the hacking going? Is anyone keeping count on the Energy Drinks?

Twack

Pretty good! There’s a vending machine that spits out redbulls on demand, so all you have to do is push a button. It gives you the vending machine- experience every time, so it’s pretty awesome! I think we lost count . Facebook is next to us, and they have a lot of rice krispie treats to attract people over. Personally, I been helping myself with their clementines :). Pebble is near us too, and they have some pretty awesome swag/giveaways. I’m taking notes!

:slight_smile: Two girls that have been working (I’ve been up for 36 hours (except for a 2 hour break…)) since i seen them, and apparently they’ve won hackathons multiple times. They’ve decided to use our SmartThings system this time around, so I’m excited to see what they have for us.

Dora Hsu getting a personal demo from the girls from #wake. They’re the top 8 at Treehacks, and winner of the SmartThings Challenge!