SmartThings Hub V2 now available for pre-order

I thought the phrase is “a matter of weeks”, wasn’t it?

Oh, no. Most certainly “a few weeks.” In fact, I try to ensure that I reference it at each and every dev call. It’s actually become so ingrained in me that I’ve started using it myself at work. It was going well until I screwed up and finished in 2 days and completely ruined my reputation.

2 Likes

I just bought my hub last week. This sucks. What does the new hub do better?

You have 30 days in which to return your current hub. Please see posts above and elsewhere for details.

sorry, but as a customer, I shouldn’t have to dig for information.

4 Likes

@Ben, in the spirit of fun times fishing for information, do you guys have plans for devices we all need but can’t really find? One example is multi-button switches. Leviton has several that are scene controllers, but these don’t really work too well. We need 100% ST compatible multi-button switches. One in particular is a two button, two-load switch where one handles a dimmable light and the other handles a fan. How’s that for specific?

Do you guys plan to branch further into the device space beyond what you have now? Maybe you’re waiting for the instant status patent to expire?

Any hints?

1 Like

Working on it. Almost there with a rock solid device type. &Bonus — I think it will perform better with the increased speed afforded by local processing.

1 Like

This isn’t really too much help in regards to getting people signed up for a preorder, but I just got the ST hub not even a month ago and I am kinda bummed to know a v2 is around the corner. That is my fault I guess for not researching a bit more. However, the added features of local processing and battery backup as per the post that @Ben presented to us isn’t really a page turner in the way of new features. Essentially it is a disaster recovery feature. If the power goes out, oh well…I’m more worried about getting a flashlight or a candle v.s. whether or not my door, that is a few feet away is locked or not. :frowning:

I am interested in a new interface change to the app. I just compared ST to Wink and was kinda amused at the wink’s UX vs ST…maybe we can work on the software compared to the hardware.

Thoughts?

1 Like

[quote=“johnwest80, post:27, topic:20607, full:true”] One in particular is a two button, two-load switch where one handles a dimmable light and the other handles a fan. How’s that for specific?

[/quote]

A number of community members use the Leviton vrcs2 two button single gang switch for a similar purpose. Seems to work fine once you get it paired although the pairing process can be annoying. See the following discussion:

SmartThings Hub V2 now available for pre-order

Details are everywhere if you are willing to dig, but we are
releasing more details in the coming weeks. The spirit of what we’ve
been stating for months is still true. Might be 1 other nice feature
too.

gusmorganGus  " sorry, but as a customer, I shouldn't have to dig for information."

This.

How incredibly dumb of a response by ST.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

Want to thank you for allowing me to copy-paste a response of the email + link to those who shared that they didn’t get the email. I wanted to be a lot more personal, but thanks for allowing me to have a semi-life of ‘life after work day’ while also trying to ensure you got to take advantage of this wonderful deal :slight_smile: .

It seems we missed a lot of your emails! Ensure you DO receive future emails like this through www.smartthings.com/developers and sign up for the developer news and content.

Yea! <3 Thanks everyone for being such loyal SmartThings users! :smiley:

2 Likes

Not necessarily- We’ve gotten away dropping hints here and there and all over, but we’re not providing a full list here just yet… We’ll officially provide a full list of features in the upcoming near future. :slight_smile: Ben’s just trying to provide as much information as possibly can now. :slight_smile:

LOL someone peel this man some grapes!

1 Like

+1

I was a KS backer, waited (not so) patiently for my Australian version to be shipped. Setup my unit, did some coding and playing around. Have tried to give back to the community, mostly in snippets and some github code to a few things.

Is there any indication of if/when an Australian version is available?
Is the current unit firmware configurable for region?
Will the offer extend to Australian customers? Or do I preorder now and wait until the Aus version is available?

Are there problems with the Shop right now, or are these already gone?

Tried to add the Customer Appreciation Bundle to my cart and got an error. After a few tries, I got one into my cart, but when I entered the coupon code, I got: “This coupon code could not be applied to the cart at this time.”

I can’t even get the link to open.

@April
I was going to let this go, but your reply was equally as ridiculous. You expect us to spend $99 on a new hub but you don’t think it necessary to tell us why we should invest the extra time and money? Dropping hints here and there…really? So you and @Ben expect ST users to scour the threads for information necessary to make an informed decision?

Why not stop the cute BS and make an easy to use list of features like other technical companies do when trying to sell a new product?

I have been trying to get a technical issue resolved for almost a year now and have been told that they have more important issues to deal with so why would I spend more money on a product when tech support is hit or miss at best and the platform still has a lot of issues and no one seems to care about resolving them…especially since you can’t even tell me why I should buy a new hub?

7 Likes

i just requested the link, i have one on pre order on amazon. but i wanted to get the discounted option including more sensors.

Maybe because “fixed idiotic design of requiring everything go to the cloud first” isn’t too compelling of a feature list?

Sorry, I’m not in a great mood after being sent a link to buy a “customer appreciation bundle” which tries to sell me a “new” product with the same description as the one I already bought. Not feeling too appreciated, really.

3 Likes

Yet the payment systems are up and running. Cart, meet horse.

1 Like