SmartThings Energy AI Setting Missing

Probably not the best place for this, but I can’t find anything on Google. I recently bought a new Samsung SmartThings enabled fridge. The initial setup worked fine, but I had to repair it and now the Energy AI feature is missing. This is something you can enable in the “energy” tile in SmartThings and it intelligently manages usage to save electricity.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or someone from Samsung that could be tagged to weigh in?

I can’t set this on the fridge directly because it is a function with SmartThings, hence why the post here.

This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the smartthings home automation platform. It’s not an official support channel, and smartthings employees don’t typically participate except to moderate spam/harassment.

There is a different site, which is the official Samsung support community, and that one is monitored by Samsung staff, and they might be able to help you faster. It’s possible they’ll just send you right back here if they think it’s something to do with the app, but it’s usually worth a try, particularly for the big appliances and televisions.

As always, you are amazing. I didn’t even think about it and I know some SmartThings staff get tagged occasionally here, but I will post in the Samsung community and see what happens.

Thanks!

1 Like

Is the situation still the same?
Why don’t you delete the energy service and regenerate it?
Or if it is a problem with the SmartThings app, you can try to send an error in the app.
‘Menu>Contact us>Error reports’

Hi - yes it is still the same. I had to replace my fridge so I uninstalled the previous fridge and I have. I did remove the energy service and reinstall it and there Energy AI is still not available. Good idea on the submit error report!