SmartThings and Sylvania Lightify Gateway

(Eddie ) #1

Does anyone know if there’s a DTH for the Sylvania Lightify Gateway. Basically I need to extend the Zigbee signal to the outside of my MILs house. The Lightify Gateway works alone but I’d like to upgrade her to the SmartThings platform. The problem is the SmartThings hub is upstairs and the lights are downstairs and outside and the SmartThings hub loses its connectivity and thus the ability to control the lights… Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated :blush:

Unfortunately, the zigbee home automation (ZHA) profile that smartthings uses allows for only one coordinator per network. So you can’t combine the Sylvania Gateway and the smartthings hub on the same zigbee network. :disappointed_relieved:

(Larry) #3

But you can.put the lights in Smartthings without gateway. I do. And then put zigbee outlets near the outdoors to act as extenders. I have one in my garage, which helps the outdoor lights, and outdoor soil sensors. I have some sensors about 150 feet from the hub and they work fine. If you have spotty connection check the hub placement as well. I recommend hub should be on center floor, near outside window in center of house and build your wired devices outwards (act as repeaters) from there . Also double check overlap with your current zigbee channel with any 2.4 Ghz wifi networks.

(Eddie ) #4

So do you think I can use the existing Lightify Gateway as an extender of the Zigbee protocol, while the lights are controlled via SmartThings hub ?

(Larry) #5

No a hub is not a zigbee switch

So do you think I can use the existing Lightify Gateway as an extender of
the Zigbee protocol, while the lights are controlled via SmartThings hub ?

Get these. http://low.es/1XjKNqk

(Eddie ) #7

I’ll wait until they go on sale …

I picked up a few around $24/ea.