I have tried to get this to work but getting a strange error, hoping someone would help.
I have three switches (GE paddle on/off) named: Living room, Kitchen and Control
The kitchen switch turns on lighting in kitchen but this is far from the front of the kitchen so I placed the Control switch at the front of the kitchen and it is not tied to a load (essentially a dummy switch to use as a “three way switch” but the Control and the Kitchen switched are not physically tied together through a 3 way circuit.
So I tried to make a Smartlighting app that would turn Kitchen on and off depending on the Control switch on/off. When I complete making this, I get an unspecified error every time.
So I tried this:
- making a smartlighting app using Living Room as a trigger to turn on/off the Kitchen - THIS WORKS
- making a smartlighting app using Control to turn on/off Living Room -WORKS
- making a smartlighting app using Control to turn on/off both Living Room and Kitchen at the same time -WORKS
- then I just modified this last smartlighting app by deleting Living Room and thus having Control turn on/off Kitchen- ERROR
- using the Kitchen to trigger on/off Control - ERROR
There is just something about the fact of using Kitchen and Control to trigger each other that seems to give me an unspecified error but if I combine another switch (ie living room) to the app it works.
Any body have any ideas or experienced something similar? Thanks