SmartApps and IFTTT not properly reading temperature from sensors or ecobee3

Last year I had used the Virtual Thermostat app to control my window AC and it worked great. I set it to use one of my temperature sensors and if it went over a certain temp (say 76) then it would turn on the AC wall switch (also connected to ST). I just tried getting everything going again for the summer, but no matter what I do I cannot get ST to recognize the temp change from any number of sensors. I’ve tried w/ two ST sensors and my Ecobee sending the temp, but to no avail. If I use the same setup and change the switch to power on when I open a door for example, it works fine, just not when the temperature goes over the threshold.

I’ve tried everything I could think of — changing modes, readding to ST, deleting and reinstalling the app. Even had a setup with IFTTT instead and that too doesn’t read the temp properly. Is there something obvious I’m missing? Any help is appreciated.

Weird. This magically kicked in today, of course after I had ordered a separate timer switch, and then just as quickly stopped working again. Been trying to diagnose in the log but I see nothing throwing an error. Bummer.