Smart Home Monitor Status + IFTTT?

Hi,
I wanted to see if there is a way for me to change the Smart Home Monitor Status via IFTTT.
In short, I don’t really want to use Smart Home Monitor to arm/disarm my alarm. Rather, I am just trying to use it for a status dashboard. When my alarm arms, I have the ability to currently make an http call. I would like for that call to update the Smart Home Monitor status so that it can show away/stay/disarmed as appropriate.
Any thoughts on how I can pull this off?

(Robin) #2

Not possible using the ST to IFTTT integration but this can however be done using the CoRE smart app. It can control SHM and has its own seperate integration via IFTTT maker.

Some people are doing it just through IFTTT, basically you have to have IFTTT turn on a virtual switch, have that switch run a routine, and have that routine change the SmartThings smart home monitor armed status. It’s clunky, but it works.

That said, as @RobinWinbourne mentioned, core provides a much more elegant solution for the same thing. :sunglasses:

Auto disarm or arming of scout alarm monitoring
(Rob) #4

If anyone is still looking for a way to accomplish this I added a “simulated switch” to my devices via the IDE coupled with a smartApp I wrote to sync the switch and the SHM.