Smart Automation timer edit?

I am looking to see about editing the time a light stays on after my motion sensor detects and turn on light. Currently I only see the Smart Automation (I am using now) and it will only allow 1 minute after light is triggered, I would like the ability to make it like 15 or 30 seconds. I am hoping someone else has come across this and possibly has a fix.

Because both Z wave and zigbee are mesh topologies, Messages can bounce around the network for a little bit, which means you can’t guarantee forced sequencing. For this reason, the official SmartThings features will not let you schedule things closer together than one minute.

There is a community-created rules engine, CORE, which will let you put in a shorter time period, but they can’t guarantee that it will work. The fewer devices you have, the more likely it is to work, so people do use it.

If you want to give it a try, see:

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I will look into Core as I only am looking for this action on 1 light so hopefully the timing works out.

I have my outdoor lights on a schedule to change colors every 30s (white/red/blue on 1/2/3/4 July, orange/purple in October, etc.). Changing the color of 5 OSRAM bulbs and 4 OSRAM lightstrips, every 30 seconds. And it works. Most of the time (lol) It has been working flawlessly for the last couple months with one exception yesterday when a bug creeped into the Zigbee library. Go figure…

2 Likes