Smart app: button controller by ST. help needed

Preface, I did a search an couldn’t find a similar thread post v2.02app.

I am not understanding how to use button controller with my minimote. any help welcomed.

(i’m ok here) screen one: which controller - use minimote
(i’m lost) screen two: what do you want button #1 to do?
options avail: light, locks, sonos, modes.
**but the options are devices names not devices & device action.

I want button1 to control a single device like a lock to do an action like unlock or lock when I can see someone is at the door.

any ideas? So far I came up with creating a routine called open door then attaching the routine as the action for button1. But that sound ridiculous to create a routine for one device to make this work; and besides my routines list would be too long if I kept this up. also would like solutions that are not custom smart apps or device types; that way things still run locally on v2.

thanks for any suggestions.

Good luck with that. Only Smart Lights is able to run locally as of today. Button controller does not.

3 Likes

[quote=“geko, post:2, topic:22929, full:true”]
…Only Smart Lights is able to run locally…[/quote]
goodness; oh wells…

thank you for the reply;

Try playing around with it. It’s similar to having the quick buttons for actions next to a device name. So I have some lights associated with some of the minimote bottoms; the light will toggle on and off. You can also create virtual buttons if you want to create something more complicated without a routine.

2 Likes