Smart Alarm Clock (Beddi)

Hi Ben, great! I will send you a private message on Kickstarter and see how we can cooperate! Thank you so much for offering to help!

Anyone remember the Sony Dash? I had one and it was awful. Slow, buggy and difficult to configure. I don’t see the Beddi having those issues, but thought I would reminisce a little :slight_smile:

I caved and ordered one :slight_smile: I just hate my alarm clock I have now too (the iHome, way too bright at night even at it’s lowest setting). Will use that in my home office a a clock/dock instead.

Me too! It blows me away that the majority of alarm clocks are basically the same as the ones in the late 80’s.

1 Like

I would encourage anyone else who comes upon this thread and decides to purchase the beddi, to reference their intention to use it with smartthings. Just in case that may prompt the developers to put more focus on that integration

I received my beddi today and hope to integrate it with ST.

I was emailing was emailing a couple a months ago with there CEO and he told me they would support ST when they lunched it.

everything I saw said they would support IFTTT and smartthings at launch if the kickstarter campaign reached 150,000, which it did not.

This was no public annoucement. I was emailing with their CEO.

“Yes, we plan to have BEDDI works with Smartthings and IFTTT when we launch.”

Exactly. You don’t even need to read between the lines. The words “plan to” should tell you more than enough. That does not say it’s definite.

They are working on it. Sounds like iftt should be soon, which should be good enough in the interim.

They sent an email out last week about it.

We will continue to improve the BEDDI app. We will add http protocol and IFTTT maker channel in next update (along with some bug fixes), and are working on smartthings integration. One of the backer was kind enough to share his experience on smartthings which helped us a lot.

I have been talking with them and they have been slammed the last couple weeks. Creating a SmartApp and integrating should not be too hard, but the the time to get it approved by ST could take a couple months.

Received my Beddi. Hue integration into my nightstand lights works really well. Nice dock for the phone, feels well made.

Really nice feature set. Dimmable to off clock face, white noise generator, bluetooth speaker, spotify, weather, Hue integrations, sunrise alarm clock. Its nearly everything I am looking for. Once ST is in there it will be perfect. Even IFTT will be able to handle what I want it to do (turn off main lights and open blinds) which is suppose to be in the next release.

1 Like

Yeah, I just got mine today. I’m pretty happy with it. Just in case there’s anyone like me who needs to see pictures of the app

, here are pictures.

Huh I’ve got the Android app and we don’t have an option for HTTP request… Which makes the Beddi a bit useless for me at the moment.

I had high hopes of starting my coffee machine in the morning when the alarm goes off… Maybe I can do it once we get the Smart Things integration.

Not sure what the iOS app is like but the Android app is flakey as hell…

Does the HTTP request make it possible to communicate with Smartthings? I have the Beddi also and a Android user also. I thought the beddi was a little more smart than it is now.

This looks great! I wounder if they could add a feature into this to enable it as a speech synthesizer like LANNouncer. It would be great to integrate the speaker into CORE, Big Talker and even use it as a siren for the alarm system. I personally like a device that uses its features for multiple purposes.

In theory HTTP request could make it work with ST. I could create a simple smartApp and add the URL with the token to call a specific task. Once its on Android I will look into it, I already have a smartApp with endpoints I can repurpose for this.

Android client for me is pretty decent. Its a little flaky, but not too bad. Feel its eating up battery, mostly on GPS. Suppose to be an update soon.

Still the best alarm clock I have every owned. Even without “Smart” integrations it has features that make it worthwhile. The dimming of the clock face is a wicked awesome feature. The sunrise wakeup with the Relax alarm sound is a nice combo.

1 Like

I am trying to figure out how everyone on Amazon can order it and get it in a day and mine hasn’t shipped from indigogo that I bought 2 weeks ago???!!

Different paths. I still have one outstanding that I added late (about 2 months ago). They are shipping from when order was placed on Kickstarter/Indigogo. My early adopter ones I received Sunday.

From a Beddi Email:

We have been in contact with Amazon customer service every day to try to resolve the issues, but their service has been disappointing.

this app you could re-purpose would be useless on ios? Cause while I have the capability to use http requests through beddi which is great, my success rate has been horrible. I’m sure I’m not alone in loving a smartapp that handles all the more complex things.

Hello
I’ve just got the BEDDI alarm clock and now a WeMo switch and I have connected them to bluetooth (BEDDI) and WiFi (WeMo)

However, I’m struggling to connect them together.

I have a basic coffee maker with ‘on/off’ switch that i’m trying to turn on when my alarm goes off (or just before)

How do i connect the BEDDI to the WeMo Switch?

The BEDDI app only offers ‘enable WeMo On/OFF’ in the services setup page… Its hard to tell if they are synchronised.

i’m too rookie at this, BEDDI instructions aren’t helpful
you guys seem to know what you’re talking about
Any Advice would be much appreciated

thanks