Sinope Zigbee Thermostat (Edge Driver): Outside Temperature?

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo
Strange thing : I have 2 models of Sinope Thermostat (TH1123ZB and TH1124ZB). Only one (TH1124ZB) seems to be in the production lineup of the “official” Zigbee Edge Driver. The other is there but different. So my TH1123ZB has not switched to the edge driver yet. Do you know why the 2 model (almost identical) does not have the same status?
Thanks

Installed and all 21 tstats I have are now showing outside temp. Thanks for sharing this! Your instructions were spot on.

2 Likes
#   - id: "Sinope Technologies/TH1123ZB"
#     deviceLabel: Sinope Thermostat
#     manufacturer: Sinope Technologies
#     model: TH1123ZB
#     deviceProfileName: thermostat-sinope
  - id: "Sinope Technologies/TH1124ZB"
    deviceLabel: Sinope Thermostat
    manufacturer: Sinope Technologies
    model: TH1124ZB
    deviceProfileName: thermostat-sinope

Hi @Plouffe78

This model has not made the migration because it is not activated in production driver.

I do not know the reason.
In the stock driver, the sinope subdriver is common for all models, there is nothing that differentiates what it does for each model.

So it will migrate when they activate it.

If you want to migrate it manually you can:

• Delete the Zigbee Thermostat productivo driver from your hub.
  • install zigbee Thermostat driver from beta channel
  • I would change the other models that you have in the zigbee Thermostat Mc to the Beta driver.
  • If the outside temperature and the time continue to work well, which should be the case, then uninstall the model you have on the DTH and match it to the Beta driver.
  • According to what smartthings said, beta drivers evolve the same as production ones, in fact, those of us in the beta program migrate our devices to beta drivers, not production ones.
1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo
“If the outside temperature works with this driver, it should also work with the stock driver, but I don’t know”
Curious indeed. Would love to debug why then…

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I can confirm that it works perfectly with all my TH1300ZB.

You’re a life saver !!! :star_struck:

Both Sinope and Smartthing support told me that “unfortunatly this is a lost feature by the transition…”

After insisting, Smartthing support answer me that they will consider it a feature request and forward this to our development team. While the only thing Sinope support suggested me is an offer to purchase the Sinopé gateway at 50% discount. What a shame!

Both companies should pay you royalties.

4 Likes

Hi @jsdecarie

My opinion on this subject is that the thermostat manages the acquisition of the outside temperature and the time without the need for intervention from the Edge driver.
In fact the edge drivers do not know the local time

I don’t see anything in the code that performs those functions.

My family and friends say that electronic devices freak out and work when they know I’m going to fix them, but I’ve never believed it. :thinking:

3 Likes

Using the new driver above fixed my issue and returned my sinope thermostats to showing the outside temperature on the secondary display. Thank you!

1 Like

They are still working with me on my issue. The settings don’t save at all with their driver on the thermostat. That is ridiculous.

I am holding off on updating the driver to see if they can fix it. Not holding my breathe but still sending them logs.

We paid and it is listed as supported. They should support it. Just poor implementation in my opinion…

Will update the group as it goes but can’t wait to get my thermostat back to 100%

1 Like

Really Thanks for your help. It’s appreciated.

1 Like

Oh ! I was afraid this morning. All my thermostats during the night lost the “out” temperature indication. I went into SmartThings app to check that the driver was still the one from @Mariano_Colmenarejo … noticed that all was fine. And suddenly my thermostat get the outside temperature back… Went to the others to verifying… all others was showing the “set temperature” instead of “out”. Did the same thing again… went into thermostats driver, and exit from SmartThings it took few minutes and the outside temperature went back on the screen’s thermostat… strange !? I didn’t have the time for doing it for all my thermostats… and few minutes later I noticed that all was back to normal… Hopefully all is fine now. Strange glitch… I guess the temperature was not reachable at that particular moment ?!?!

1 Like

And they decided it was not important anymore and they have no ETA on the resolution.

So I have followed the steps above and the T stat won’t show the current outside temp. I have removed added and restarted. Any suggestions?

Using this driver… Hopefully it is the correct driver.

Hi @jsdecarie , Can you confirm which driver for the TH1300ZB you are using?

I can’t get mine to work for the life of me. I reset everything and now I have 24HR format that won’t change.

Thanks

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

How are you?

Something strange happen with my Sinope Zigbee Thermostats with your Edge Driver.
The first thermostat is perfectly fine. The second don’t show outside temperature and the third don’t show outside temp and don’t show the actual time.
Did something happen?
I uninstall your driver and nothing

If you have time to check my post, it will be really appreciated
Thank you

Hi @Plouffe78

I have never known why the outside temperature and time works with the Mc driver and doesn’t work with the stock driver. They are identical for these devices, I did not make any changes.

I also don’t know how these thermostat functions work.

I have always thought that the time and the outside temperature are received by the thermostat via Wi-Fi and the Internet, not through the driver and the Hub.

Therefore, I would try to see in the manual how to restart the WiFi connection or the Internet connection where I was looking for that information.

1 Like

I tried your driver and it works. Thank you for your work.

2 Likes

It was working for a while on MC driver but a week ago it was gone again.
I went to Sinope website (Integration with other platforms - Sinope Support) and they posted a message related to this issue:

I have no idea if it means really bad news or not.

Same thing for me. All my thermostats have lost the outside temperature :frowning: Sinope are really bad as supporting their product.

But the real question here is : What have they changed? Again !

AFAIK, SmartThings just announced the completion of migration few days ago. Maybe this time, they break weather capability for real. As @Mariano_Colmenarejo stated previously: he did not changed much on the MC thermostats driver to make the outside temperature working again.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo : Do you think it would be doable to acquire temperature information from another source in the driver ? Perhaps from @TAustin Edge Weather (acquired from bridge server method)… ?

1 Like

Same here… list it, uses the MC for a while….now broken again… why…oh why….these smart thermostats are now so dumb they don’t even tell the time or outdoor temp anymore…