Simple Programming App for CT100 thermostat?

HI, recently installed a Vivint CT100 Z-wave thermostat. (one of the few smart thermostat that doesn’t require a c-wire, and it’s Z-wave).
Have no problem remote set the temperature etc.
However looking for something free and easy to use , to simply program the thermostat. (this thermostat doesn’t support on-unit programming, so it’s “dumber” than my old Honeywell one :slight_smile:
Tried a few smartapps somehow have trouble figuring out how to do it.
Thanks a lot.

Depending on what you’re looking for there are a couple of apps you can check out, there are some basic apps and then some advanced apps:

Thanks a lot, I’ll give a try first and if it’s good I’ll go with the more advanced version…

For simple programming, those above are good options. If those don’t work, or for someone who wants true “If this, then that” style programming, you can use WebCore.

With Webcore you can adjust the programming based on almost anything, motion, outside temp, month of year, presence, mode, time since last movement, etc. I also like that I can bump the thermostat if a cold front comes in using rules like “change setpoint to {current temp} + 2 degrees”

Just wanted to share an option for anyone looking for advanced thermostat programming.

Thanks. I’ve tried the app suggested by RBoy and it seems to do the job just fine.
I’ve heard about webcore and will definitely explore a bit.

Hi, does anyone know if I buy a pair of Vivint CT100 thermostats if I can factory reset and use those as basic CT100 Z-Wave thermostats, pairing with SmartThings without subscribing to Vivint? Thanks in advance.

Yes it’ll work (if they have the zwave module)

Hi, sorry to revive an old thread.
I am looking for a way to periodically turn on the FAN manually (like 10 mins for an hour when the heat is off to better circulate the house, the furnaces use the PSC motor without constant low speed setting, looking into ECM replacement atm).
Is that possible?
Thanks.

Check out this app from RBoy Apps for thermostat circulation:

Thanks a lot.
Really a great help to the community!

1 Like

Hey, I have been using RBoy’s 5-2 thermostat app for my Z-wave CT100 thermostats reliable for the past two years.
However recently upon upgrading to the new ST app, seems it can’t hold the fan mode any more. the fan mode would reset to Auto by itself even if manually set to ON. (with the old ST app it was working fine)
Reason I want to keep the fan mode is that I’ve installed a new blower motor which supports constant low speed mode to equalize the temp around house.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.