Sharptools \ Tasker \ autovoice to run routine not working

Hi,

I have latest Sharptools \ tasker \ autovoice software and trying to configure tasker to run routine using these instructions

When I click on tasker to test whether tasker can send commands to sharptools so that sharptools can execute command , nothing happens. screenshot attached.

Any suggestions ???

What was the result of the suggested troubleshooting steps?

Note: For debugging purposes, you may want to include a simple Notify or Flash action to show the contents of the variable captured with AutoVoice. Sometimes the words captured by AutoVoice/Google are slightly different than you expected and you will want to adjust your conditional actions accordingly (eg. “good night” → “goodnight”, “10” → “ten”)

And the troubleshooting steps from the linked article are valid too - just make sure to replace any Thing references with Routines:

Troubleshooting

• Make sure you can manually toggle the desired device Routine from the main SharpTools interface
  • Make sure the command is a valid command such as “on” or “off” Routine
  • If you hard-coded the command, make sure you used the proper case
  • Most commands start with a lowercase letter like “on” or “toggle”
  • Make sure AutoVoice is recognizing your device Routine name exactly as it is spelled in SmartThings
  • SharpTools supports partial matching. If you have several devices with “Hall” in their name and say “Turn the hall on”, SharpTools will match all devices with the word ‘hall’ in the name and trigger the command on each device. (eg. Upstairs Hall, Downstairs Hall, Shallow Light)
  • Make sure you have a licensed copy of AutoVoice - the free version truncates the received command to 4 characters.
  • Make sure you are saying the phrase in the correct order. If you are following the guide above, the phrase would be “Turn the [device] [on]”
  • If the ‘Apply’ button is grayed out (or missing) in the ‘A Thing’ view, try selecting a device which has a command from the drop down selections before switching to Tasker Variable mode.
1 Like

Close out of Tasker all the way. Launch Autovoice and close it. Then launch Tasker and try again. This was what I had to do with Autolocation to get it working properly.

Hi Joshua, Let’s remove autovoice from this equation for now. I am trying to run task using tasker and Sharptools as described on the shaptools’s website and as a test when I run task from the tasker (not from autovoice) then task does not run.

I checked all the points which you have mentioned in your reply and all are setup correctly.

The action you posted has a condition that requires the local variable %routine to match “On family” before it will actually do anything.

So if that variable isn’t set, then Tasker is never going to ask SharpTools to do anything.

Normally, the AutoVoice actions that precede this action set the variable for you. So if you are trying to manually run this task, it won’t do anything unless you have manually set that variable in Tasker.

If you just want to run a Routine in Tasker, you need to create a A Routine action without any conditions on it (eg. No IF condition)

I have already configured autovoice profile

OK. And the results of the troubleshooting steps from my post above?

Make sure you can manually toggle the desired device Routine from the main SharpTools interface
Yes ,I can run routine from Sharptools

Make sure the command is a valid command such as “on” or “off” Routine
Yes it is

If you hard-coded the command, make sure you used the proper case
Yes I am using proper case

Most commands start with a lowercase letter like “on” or “toggle”
Make sure AutoVoice is recognizing your device Routine name exactly as it is spelled in SmartThings
Yes it is

SharpTools supports partial matching. If you have several devices with “Hall” in their name and say “Turn the hall on”, SharpTools will match all devices with the word ‘hall’ in the name and trigger the command on each device. (eg. Upstairs Hall, Downstairs Hall, Shallow Light)
I am trying to run routine

Make sure you have a licensed copy of AutoVoice - the free version truncates the received command to 4 characters.
Yes I have licensed copy of autovoice

Make sure you are saying the phrase in the correct order. If you are following the guide above, the phrase would be “Turn the [device] [on]”
Yes I am

If the ‘Apply’ button is grayed out (or missing) in the ‘A Thing’ view, try selecting a device which has a command from the drop down selections before switching to Tasker Variable mode.
It is not greyed out.