Sewer Pump Alarm?

@aai92209,

• Connect the white of the 0v relay to the neutral, according to the photo it must be that. To make sure, if you don’t have a multimeter, connect a light bulb with two wires between neutral, white, and terminal 5 of the strip, red.
  • The black of the 115v relay to terminal 6 of the strip, purple and wite, which is the return of the float switch.
  • the common C of the relay to one terminal of the sensor and the normally open terminal NO to the other terminal.

The Sensor, I think is put without the magnet so that it shows open, and closed when close the relay.

Remember, work safe, removing the general current

20210506_162724

Hooked it up according to your instructions and it works flawlessly. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

@aai92209,

I’m glad it works well.
To propose a little improvement, I would put the relay in the box below, with the sensor. :wink:
Good idea of @rontalley
Regards and have a nice weekend

As long as it’s ok for me to use longer wire with wire nuts otherwise the relay wire won’t reach. Thanks again!

It was just a suggestion, if it was easy for you.

If it is the neutral, white wire, the one that does not reach the top, you can connect it in the bottom box with a terminal block or wire nuts. The white, neutral wire goes down there.

If the connections are good and not annoying, you can leave it like that. :+1:

Hello Stephen,

Update: discard my message, I’m a little late.

In your diagram at the bottom, I see an auxiliary alarm contact.

I suggest to add a Zigbee relay. The relay is connected to the power supply and is switched by the auxiliary contact.

The Zigbee relay output is not used, but the state of the Zigbee relay is the state of the alarm.

In SmartThings you trigger a warning when the alarm is switched on.

A cheap and small Zigbee relay is the Sonoff ZBmini.

Here a link and a picture.

I can help you with the diagram to figure out the 4 wires that are needed. On the picture of your diagram you see at the right hand side of the terminal strip the A1 and A2 unused. The go to S1 and S2 on the ZBmini.

Grtn Ben

Moved the relay down in the lower box. Much cleaner/neat this way! After all this… hoping to never getting an alert from it haha :laughing:

1 Like

That is the important thing, that you do not have to notify. :+1: :smile:

Test it now and then (monthly), that the alarm works properly.

1 Like

In case you are interested and want to do this:

• Monitor the pump operating light.
  • Manually activate the pump with the app in case the automatic start float switch fails.

You could do it with a zwave Aeotec nano double switch or Fibaro FGS-223 placed in the box below, as seen in the photos.

• The Switch is powered (L) from terminal # 1, which also powers the pump’s automatic start float switch.
  • Neutral (N) is connected at the same point as the alarm relay.

For switch S1, manual pump control:

• A bridge is made for the input (IN) with (L) of the aeotec switch.
  • The output (OUT1) is connected to terminal nº4, which is the return of the automatic start float switch of the pump and activates the pump contactor.

For switch S2, pump ON light monitoring:

• Connect S2 of the Aeotec, to terminal 13 of the Pump contactor.

With this, when the pump starts to work, the Aeotec S2 switch in the application will be activated. (Try not to turn it off in the app manually so it doesn’t get out of sync).
When the pump stops, switch S2 will turn off in the app.

If the alarm is activated and the pump has not been activated automatically because the automatic start switch fails or you want to activate the pump manually, you can activate the Aeotec S1 from the app.

Checks you can do before buying the Aeotec and make sure it will work.
On operating panel put the pump switch in OFF or Auto position, the pump must be OFF.
Make a bridge between terminals 1 and 4 of the terminal strip. The contactor must be activated and the pump ON light must come on.

IMPORTANT:
You could also make sure that the Aeotec switch retains the last state of S1 and S2 after a power interruption. I have not seen it in the documentation and I have not used it. Someone in the community may know. I see in Amazon questions, it remembers the last state and can be configurated. I don´t know if can configure in smartthings app.
The Fibaro FGS-223 can be configured this parameter in the app and it would also be useful to make this assembly. The connections would be the same, except that it is not necessary to bridge between L and IN, it already brings it internally.

If you decide to do it, you will tell me!

I have a similar need and was wondering if someone could confirm or correct me with the wiring.

I am using a similar module image attached. In my control per @Mariano_Colmenarejo post. I am (image of terminal block with markup attached)

1. Connecting terminal 2 to L
  2. Connecting terminal 3 to S1
  3. Connecting terminal 8 to N

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 9.50.04 PM

Thank you

Hi @yknot7

I think that is not correct, but make connections at your own risk.

Its installation uses the (YG)R type float and terminals 2 and 3 have a Terminal Link, visible in the photo and diagram.

The connections I believe are correct:

• Line: Terminal 4 → to switch (L)
  • Neutral: Terminals 7, 8 and 9 → to switch (N)
  • Float output to activate alarm and pump: 2 and 3 → to switch (S1)

Thank you! Will try it out and report back.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I would like to be able to monitor parameters and alarms remotely from an app, and operate remotely from an app. Is this possible?

Hi,

Sorry, with just a photo it is not possible to make any useful and safe recommendation.

2 Likes

I’m work on sewer pumps. Mostly single phase 230 or 240 volts, 1 and 2 horsepower. These are all residential pumps. I’m wanting to come up with something for my customers where they can get alerts to an app on their phone when the alarm light comes on, which means there’s an issue with the pump or the float switches have failed

Wes_Jones, this is exactly what I was looking for, but don’t know exactly where to connect it and didn’t have the confidence to be poking around in my controller.

I think the simplest solution is a simple z-wave/zigbee relay that is inserted in the line to the light. When the light turns on, the relay sends a notification. I am just not sure where/how to wore this in.

Hi,

This is a post from 2021, in which with a relay that is activated with the same connections of the alarm, and closes or opens the external contacts of a zwave contact sensor.

It is necessary to locate the alarm connections and connect the relay coil in parallel.

Then you have to look for an open/close device that transmit an open or close event when relay and akarm is activated.
Device could be zwave, zigbee, Matter or Wi-Fi, depending on what the user has installed in their home and the distance from the box to the receiving hub or wifi router.

1 Like

Thanks. I think I have a contact sensor. I’ll see if I can look at this again this weekend when I have some more time and try to update.

1 Like