Sense - New Power Monitoring Product

(PETER VORENKAMP) #1

Has anyone been following this new power monitoring product called SENSE? Looks like an interesting device that may have smartthings developers drooling for integration to me.

(PETER VORENKAMP) #2

Seems very overpriced compared to Chai energy. Granted Chai needs to tied directly into the utility company’s website for data validation.

(Michael Hess) #4

I’ll stick with my method, though they do present it well in the app!

Pre-order = vaporware.

Until you can actually install it, it’s all just marketing. There’s no telling what actual features will be delivered. Or when.

Curb is a very similar device that exists now and has SmartThings integration if you’re interested in that kind of data.

http://energycurb.com

I just receive my Sense and hooked it up yesterday. It’s learning now. Anxious to see the results and would love to have this integrated into SmartThings.

(Ben) #7

I am curious to hear your findings.

Ben

(Marc) #8

Anyone have opinions on this? I just got an electric vehicle and my electrical usage doubled, so I need to now determine why. I know others have used Nucleus here as well.

(MacTechGenius) #9

I used the Eagle Energy Gateway, it allows me to monitor the energy usage of my ELR and Model X. Also intergrates with SmartThings and its fairly cheap

(Justin) #10

I got a sense and it seems pretty good (although it takes a while to learn devices).

Has, can, anyone try and integrate this into ST?

(Bradlee S.) #11

Would like to hear comments from anyone using any of these systems. Do you actually get any benefit from them? Do they integrate (locally) with SmartThings?

(James M) #12

I use it with SmartThings (via IFTTT) to indicate when the Dryer has finished. Works well for this.