Sengled & Smartthings IFTTT

Hello, I’m new the home automation. I got the ST hub and 4 Sengled element bulbs. (2 white 2 color)

Why when I connect to IFTT or Stringify it has the bulbs under switches? This is causing me issue when trying to use certain IFTTT applets that are looking for bulbs.

I hope i made a good choice on these bulbs or may have to return them

not sure why those applets would restrict to bulbs only. May I ask what you’re trying to use IFTTT to accomplish?

I was browsing the Sengled IFTT and they had one that would flash or turn on the bulb to a specific color when ESPN shows your team starting.

Are these good bulbs compared to the HUE and LIFX?

The SmartThings IFTTT service doesn’t offer a flash or color function, no matter what type of bulb you have connected. It should still work with turning on, though.

What a lot of people do is create a virtual switch in SmartThings that is turned on by IFTTT. This switch then activates a scene in SmartThings that controls many devices on/off, brightness, color, etc… I do this for Broncos games starting.

2 Likes

applet eLBtCEz9 shows you can set it to a color, but my problem is its looking for bulbs not switches. I’m trying to understand how you set it up. is it via ESPN as well?

That applet is using the Sengled channel, which connects to the Sengled hub. Do you have your Sengled bulbs connected to a Sengled hub or SmartThings?

I use the smarthings Hub

yeah, then that applet won’t work. I’d go the virtual switch route, You can create them in the classic app with the smart app in the marketplace.

thanks! I got the virtual device creator n my smart apps. Trying to see how to use this, but im not getting something lol. How do you go about creating the sports scene like you have?