Send Raw Z-Wave Commands (0x91)

(JimP) #1

@duncan @Ben - I’m using the FGRM 222 Fibaro Module. I have seen that this uses commandClass: 0x91 Manufacturer Proprietary. However, there do not appear to be any commands documented for this class. As such, is it possible to send raw messages or can you inform me of another method to use to send the information below :

0x91 0x1 0xf 0x26 <blind %> <tilt %>

: 1 = SET, 2 = ? (GET, I guess), 3 = REPORT
: 1 = SET, 2 = ? (GET, I guess), 3 = REPORT
<blind %>: 0 to 99%, 0 = fully closed, 99% = fully opened
<lamellas %>: 0 to 99%, 0 = vertical, 99% = horizontal

(Duncan) #2

The point of the Manufacturer Proprietary command class is that there are no standard commands – it’s all defined by the manufacturer. Have you found documentation from Fibar Group on their use of it?

Have you checked if it accepts the Basic command class? Those values look compatible with BasicSet, Get, Report.

Try zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0) and value: 99

(JimP) #3

Sorry it appeared something was missing

0x91 0x1 0xf 0x26 <blind command> <lamellas command> <blind %> <tilt %>

<blind command>: 1 = SET, 2 = ? (GET, I guess), 3 = REPORT
<lamellas command>: 1 = SET, 2 = ? (GET, I guess), 3 = REPORT
<blind %>: 0 to 99%, 0 = fully closed, 99% = fully opened
<lamellas %>: 0 to 99%, 0 = vertical, 99% = horizontal

So to send this would be a value more than just “99”, Doesn’t the frame need the command class then the various parameters?

(JimP) #5

Surely this is the “kind of thing” I would want to be aiming for, but as a direct target, not going through the “MultiInstance”

zwave.multiInstanceV1.MultiInstanceCmdEncap(command:1, commandClass:0x91, instance:1, payload: [15, 38, 1, 2, 50, 0]).format()

(JimP) #6

It does accept the BasicSet for setting the blinds physical location, but not for settings the lamellas position.
Is there any reason that you are unable to provide an encapsulation method for sending via manufacturer proprietary in the same way that you do for MultiInstanceCmdEncap (and I realise I used parameter nae “payload” when I probably should have used “parameter”)

(JimP) #7

OK so, I need to see what is going on in the morning, but I seem to have answered my own question : physicalgraph.device.HubAction(commandpayload)

Seeing that .format() returns a string value of the command sent, I was able to test this method using :
log.debug zwave.configurationV1.configurationGet(parameterNumber: 10).format()
which returned 70050A
I then ran HubAction(“70050A”) and received the following :

Parsed ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [2], parameterNumber: 10, reserved11: 0, size: 1)
debug Parsing 'zw device: 26, command: 7006, payload: 0A 01 02 '
debug 70050A

Now running new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(“91010F2601016363”), I heard the motors whirring, but as it was late, I cancelled this. I will investigate further in the morning.

Sending a Z-Wave Command from within a SmartApp
How to set Multichannel Associations to endpoints of a device