I would like a Security System (more specifics in a bit). There are clearly 100s of topics regarding this but I am not getting closer to an answer as most post talk about integration their existing hardwired/wireless systems into SmartThings.
I have had a couple of motion and door sensors with SmartThings but I recently moved into a bigger house and don’t want $50 sensors each, and the concept of directly using SmartThings as a Security System is not that reliable or crisp.
So, I would like to buy another security system that can interface with SmartThings as I have an opportunity to start fresh here -
- Stand alone system
- Must announce main door open, back door open, etc (entry/exit chimes)
- Not monitored (if there is option but not required, that is fine)
- SIM support (can live without it if that is the only thing I am not getting)
- Be able to use door/window sensors on SmartThings
- As unexpensive as I can get it
- Can interface with SmartThings easily (preferably without a middleware)
I am seeing quite a few generic brands on amazon that meet all my needs expect SmartThings integration.