Schlage lock issue using ethayer's Lock Manager

I was using my Schlage z-wave smart lock with the standard smartapp just fine then I decided to use ethayer’s Lock Manager. I like it so far but when we leave we would touch the Schlage button on the outside touchpad and the door would lock as opposed to putting in your code to lock the door. Now pressing the Schlage button doesn’t lock the door.

Any idea if a setting can be changed or if something is wrong since pressing Schlage wont lock the door?

I may have to go back to the standard smart lock smartapp if I can’t figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Dug up the Schlage User Manual, since this setting can be changed / set by just entering the master admin PIN and the appropriate configuration code.

Hopefully the ethayer DTH won’t charge it back - but if so, then you could try further debugging, or just use a different DTH.

1 Like

When you have a question about custom code, you will always get your fastest answer (and usually the most accurate) by asking in the author’s thread for that code. The author will be automatically notified when a new post is added to the thread and other people who are actually using the same code may also be able to help.

In this case, ask your question in the following thread ( this is a clickable link)

If you aren’t sure where the authors thread is, you will probably be able to find it by looking at the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki. In this case, you would look in the SmartApps section on that page, and then on the list for locks:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

You may have to enable lock n leave on your lock, when it’s disabled you need to enter a code to lock using the Schlage button. You can refer to your lock manual to do it or if you have access to RBoy Apps you can use this custom handler which has a button to enable/disable lock n leave (aka One Touch Locking)

You may also want to check out this app which has support for both Lock n leave (one touch) locking actions and also code based lock actions:

1 Like