Samsung SmartThings Outlet as only Zigbee Repeater?

I am setting up a mesh of SmartThings Multipurpose and Motion Sensors. Once they are fully installed, I’m hoping the mesh will extend the reliability of my Zigbee network out to my garage, where a Presence Sensor is tucked away in my car. However, if this is not the case I might have to look at a Zigbee Repeater.

Is the SmartThings Outlet the only reliable Zigbee Repeater? I notice that the Aeotec Smart Switch 6 is Z-Wave, so it wouldn’t extend the Zigbee network, even if it’s smaller and more compact?

Here’'s a link with great info. General rule, if it plugs in, it’s a repeater, if it’s battery powered, it is not

1 Like

Also, any idea if the SmartThings Outlet will be redesigned to not cover the other plug in any gang box?

there are other networked plug-ins that do have two outlets, one on the front and one on the side. Or one on each side. So even though the big box covers the outlet, you still have two plug in spots . They will also act as repeaters. So that’s another option.

And, yes, zwave only extends zwave, most zigbee lights only extend other zigbee lights, and other zigbee devices only extend other zigbee devices.