Samsung Developer Conference (SDC) 2019 (October 29-30, 2019)

3 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Just watched the ST Schema presentation that i missed in person. They recently added camera integration, which supports RTSP.

3 Likes

maybe I shouldn’t have skipped the C2C session :stuck_out_tongue: Lots of stuff that appeals to Hue owners,

2 Likes

Native ZigBee (or Hue Bridge based) light Grouping will be very appreciated by some people. I happen to love smart bulbs for various scenarios (pun?), including 6 to 8 bulbs on a single circuit track. Hue turns them on to the set values of a scene completely simultaneously. SmartThings… Nope.

What’s more impressive (or perhaps disturbing) about this announcement is that it includes timefranes (Q1 and Q2, 2020).

(It’s rude to bet against the home team, right? But awfully tempting to try to try to enjoy some wagering.)

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Q1 time frame was already missed.
I hope they don’t give up on this, it’s vital.

1 Like

SmartThings team is there any news on when any of the above will come to fruition?

Everything at SDC and written above is what this community has wanted for years, also why som are jumping ship.

Especially scenes from Hue etc… and full realease of Rules API with user interface…

Please help us to support you by guiding us on progress and including us in the development to make this solution better for us all.

Thanks

New developer content is coming later today (Thursday in the US.)

Feel free to join the developers group (https://community.smartthings.com/g/Developers)

Things are just getting started.

5 Likes

Thanks @jody.albritton, this is great news and I have now joined the group.

Thanks for the reply and update

Hi @jody.albritton,
How do I access the new developers content or is it not out yet in the UK

Which developer content?

I think he’s looking for this

Hi @jody.albritton in your message before mine you suggested new developer content being released in the US that day.
This is the content I was referring to.

Thanks @Automated_House yes this is what I was looking for, thanks dude.

@jody.albritton & @Automated_House Is there a way of getting a Docker container pull for this for a Raspberry PI so I can test in a separate environment.