Samsung Developer Conference (SDC) 2019 (October 29-30, 2019)

Nothing was mentioned. Maybe @Kianoosh_Karami has an update?

Yeah, so at the moment, our hubs are going through Z-Wave certification, we are hoping to have that completed as soon as possible, and after that we would then have to coordinate the release of the mobile app release and the firmware.

I may sound like a broken record, but the great aspect of Z-Wave is that they really focus on interoperability, so when we do release Z-Wave S2, we are going to interoperable with all Z-Wave S2 devices and other devices.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update Kianoosh!

Just to be clear, though, “interoperable” does not mean “support all features of all zwave commandsets,” right? It’s just interoperating at the Basic level (which is all that protocol certification requires for most device classes).

We’ve already discussed a couple of commands in the forums that are not going to be supported in the future.

Or has that changed?

Sorry JDRoberts, What do you mean by

We’ve already discussed a couple of commands in the forums that are not going to be supported in the future.

See, for example,

Unless I’m misunderstanding what Jody meant, and he was just saying that it wouldn’t be available as part of the official features, not that the commandset itself would not be supported. :thinking:

@Kianoosh_Karami what @JDRoberts is referencing is that there are some ZWave command classes that we do not have capabilities for. Specifically 4.113.3 User Code Get Command. While we do technically have a way to send any custom command we do not have a capability or official API support for it.

3 Likes

Recordings of the sessions are starting to get posted to YouTube

SmartThings Device SDK: MQTT

Scaling your business with SmartThings

Rules API

webCoRE

New app UI

IoT 2.0

3 Likes
3 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Just watched the ST Schema presentation that i missed in person. They recently added camera integration, which supports RTSP.

3 Likes

maybe I shouldn’t have skipped the C2C session :stuck_out_tongue: Lots of stuff that appeals to Hue owners,

2 Likes

Native ZigBee (or Hue Bridge based) light Grouping will be very appreciated by some people. I happen to love smart bulbs for various scenarios (pun?), including 6 to 8 bulbs on a single circuit track. Hue turns them on to the set values of a scene completely simultaneously. SmartThings… Nope.

What’s more impressive (or perhaps disturbing) about this announcement is that it includes timefranes (Q1 and Q2, 2020).

(It’s rude to bet against the home team, right? But awfully tempting to try to try to enjoy some wagering.)

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Q1 time frame was already missed.
I hope they don’t give up on this, it’s vital.

1 Like

SmartThings team is there any news on when any of the above will come to fruition?

Everything at SDC and written above is what this community has wanted for years, also why som are jumping ship.

Especially scenes from Hue etc… and full realease of Rules API with user interface…

Please help us to support you by guiding us on progress and including us in the development to make this solution better for us all.

Thanks

New developer content is coming later today (Thursday in the US.)

Feel free to join the developers group (https://community.smartthings.com/g/Developers)

Things are just getting started.

5 Likes

Thanks @jody.albritton, this is great news and I have now joined the group.

Thanks for the reply and update

Hi @jody.albritton,
How do I access the new developers content or is it not out yet in the UK

Which developer content?

I think he’s looking for this