Samsung Artik Cloud adds Echo and IFTTT integration!

Interestingly I originally had my SAMI account hooked up to Fitbit. Since it became Artik Cloud I connected some ST devices and i now have my step count showing in my ST app on my phone.
It also looks like none of the data from my ST devices gets updated and even my fitbit hasn’t updated since Jan this year. Probably because i’m on the EU ST server.

That is happening with me as well. This is really frustrating and I have emailed support about it and I will post my reply when I receive it.

1 Like

I can’t profess to be any kind of coder but I stumbled across Artik Cloud prior to reading this thread and connected up my Fitbit and now have my step count showing on my ST app and it seems to be updating perfectly. I’m also on the Eu servers.
Not quite sure how else this will benefit me but it’s certainly interesting to watch to see what future collaborations this will allow.

1 Like

I had tried using the Artik Cloud and my Pebble classic to control the @adamclark_dev Lightwaverf integration to operate my lights and switches but no success so far.
It seems like its just my SmartThings plug that I can use to switch the kettle on and off using my watch , still it’s enough to impress my non techy friends who usually wonder why I waste my time on Home Automation !

Just tried it, not bad. Pretty cool to see a real-time graph that updates when door opens/shuts (to me anyway!) - I was thinking about a simple app to notify me if my door was left open for more than one minute I guess I could use this service to achieve that right?

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with Artik Cloud and I haven’t seen the Rules Engine mentioned here.

Works pretty well and gives SmartThings a sort of a web based tools to setup some rules. I’ve only done some basic testing but things like motion based triggers seem to work without any big noticeable lag.

2 Likes