runOnce stopped working

A smartapp (actually several apps but that another story) stopped running about 4 days ago. I decided to try to restart it but noticed that the runOnce function which should execute 2 seconds after the Initialize/Update function never triggered. When I look in the log under Scheduled Jobs I see the entry

Handler Next Run Time Prev Run Time Status Schedule
pingServer 2015-10-22 2:45:51 PM EDT WAITING Once

The run time has long past and nothing can force this job to run. I unistalled the app and reinstalled it but had the same results. A job was scheduled but never executed. Any one else have this?

Hi @cdikland, I think the scheduler has fail again, my devices have not updated.

Sorry if this is a newbie comment, but is the scheduler something that SmartThings controls? I noticed that my “Lock at a Specific Time” and "Auto Lock after X minutes (I had mine set for 3) for my front door aren’t working. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps, but that doesn’t work. I thought about excluding and re-paring the lock, but I don’t think that will do anything, as I can still press the lock button in the ST app and the door locks.

Many scheduler failures today.

ST Support has not responded to my CHAT (After 2 hours waiting) and repeated emails asking that they look into this issue. I have critical security APPS that depend on this function working. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO HAVE ST SUPPORT IGNORE CRITICAL OPERATIONAL ISSUES :rage:

The ST operations status page does not show this as an issue as of this morning! REALLY?

I have tried to stay online for over 2 hours with CHAT and NEVER got a response. Can you please help with this issue.

Me: I have noticed that one of my SmartAPPS that has been running perfectly for months, now does not function tonight (It worked this morning as usual). It appears that when the SmartAPP submits a runIn( 5, unlockDoor ) the unLockDoor() routine never gets called back for the routine to lock the door. This also happens in there simulator when I tried to see what was going on.

Is there a problem with the ST cloud that has not been reported for the RunIn scheduled jobs?

Me: I have checked the logs for the SmartAPP and everything is running as it should except for the submission of the runIn routine not being honored.
Me: Log Entry: 3b80c4dc-8ee6-482f-becf-f9ff35e7df3f 5:25:33 PM: debug Re-arming lock in (5s).
Me: The routine to lock the door does not get called back after the runIn is sucessfully submited
Me: Anyone home?
SmartThings Support: We’re sorry - all our agents are busy assisting other customers. You are visitor #5 in the queue.
SmartThings Support: We’re sorry - all our agents are busy assisting other customers. You are visitor #5 in the queue.

DONT!!! The problem is app and/or scheduling related and is beyond your control to fix atm. I have tons of app that simply stopped working 4-5 days ago. Hoping someone at ST is working on this.

It was a platform problem on the backend. Looks like it was fixed last night.

Time based events failing?

I did not notice that they mentioned this as an issue on SmartThings Operations Status Page. I would have thought this would be somewhat critical for many SmartApps, like the one that locks my door after it closes…

1 Like