Rule Machine - Get peer assistance here with setting up rules

I have plans to try to get Smart Alarm to replace SHM. See this post and a few above it, and let me know if its possible via RM.

Actually, you can configure RM to act as your security for you. You just have to set the rules up right.

But to use the SHM dashboard as well? And wouldnt Smart Alarm be easier to setup and since its specifically for alarm notification, wouldnt it be best/easier to use it, and have RM change the state of each when they change?

SA “arms” the house, changes SHM dashboard to “armed” (via RM condition?)

SA disarms…

Yeah, I posted that as info only. There’s a lot of different ways to do this.

1 Like

Well, Smart Alarm can only see “buttons” as remote control devices, so Im not sure how to get it to work.
Make a simulated minimote, set buttons 1,2,3 as the arm, disarm, stay, and the hold for those buttons the disarm?

HELP?

I know this is a pain because you have so many automations linked to it, but we have found this kind off issues linked directly to customers using Rule Machine. If you could please disable/remove your automations through rule machine that should resolve the issues you are experiencing, with the routines and mobile presence sensor.

Above reply from support re problems described above!!!

And that is the perfect definition of why this platform has lost support from the best smartapp it had.

@slagle would you care to elaborate on this response from support?

4 Likes

I would also love to hear what @slagle has to say.

What does he suggest I do with all the rules i have setup through RM?

I’ve spent numerous hours learning RM and do not want to see that time wasted.

That’s a complete load of crap from support.

Did you do what I posted above?

2 Likes

Yes went into every rule, drilled down as far as i could and then hit ‘done’ to get back to list of rules. Also checked all the conditions as you stated and re-checked they were selected

Will see what happens today and report back,

thanks for your advice!

1 Like

Also, the ST presence sending through SHM is not very reliable. Ice gone completely away from it.

I use life360 along with rules for each sensor for arrival/departure and to send push messages.

Since eliminating ST SHM I have not had a single problem.

I don’t really use SHM, presence sensors are used by RM rules to change modes

But do you have them setup in SHM? I continued having problems with mine until I deleted them from SHM and went strictly with life360 and RM.

That worked for me, not saying it will for you, but I wanted to throw out options.

I had my sensors setup through SHM and life360 but continued to have problems. SHM was only used to send the messages. But once I changed that to RM the false alaralarm went away.

When did support send that to you??!??

This morning!

Then they sent this

Rule machines was a community designed program to run along side SmartThings Smartapps, this is something that is maintained by the community and is not an official SmartThings integration.
_ _
The reason I advised to disable/uninstall Rule Machine, is to see if it improves the performance, as we have had cases where rules in Rule Machine can contradict official Smartapps.
_ _
I am not aware of any alternative other than SmartThings Smartapps.
_ _
Sorry for any disappointment.

1 Like

Sorry about my ignorance but how do you mean setup in SHM?

Do you mean a rule change that changes the state of the SHM?

When you setup SHM for presence you go to custom → new monitoring rule → which type of device do you want to monitor → prudence sensor… And so on.

I removed all of my family devices as presence sensors and I deleted all rules in shm. Mine is blank. I integrated life360 into ST she had each family member create a life360 account. I then use rule machine to set up the presence sensor monitoring rules for each family member like this…

Each family member has a separate rule in RM. Each rule sends a push message, some also include text messages, and all have announce arrival over the speaker system.

It hasn’t failed once since setting this up.

Never set any up using SHM…never even realised you could!!

All presence rules are via RM

What are you using as presence sensors? I’m only using our phones.

We’ve both got iphones which I’ve set up as presence sensors