Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

Ok, I’m actually about to change out the hardware for these rules. Currently I’m using bulbs and I’m going to install dimmers instead…

So, I will rebuild them and use trigger.

Bruce,
great app love the capabilites. One issue I have is that where I use a outlet to check power level within a rule it fills up my activity feed (roughly every 20 seconds a line is added) with the power level ratings.This as youve mentioned is because the rules app is subscribing to all updates.

Is there anyway to stop this?

You would have to change the devices reporting interval, may or may not be possible depending on the device.

So it is just the smartthings power outlet, not sure how I go about changing the interval though?

@bravenel Love the comparison operators. I have another smartapp I use to control light scenes in my house. If I set light A (master) to blue at 50% all the lights in that group follow the settings of light A. If color was a comparison operator I believe I could do all this with rule machine. Your thoughts?

I’m going to add a button under More Options to turn on logging, with the default being logging off. That should solve your problem. Probably tomorrow…

It doesn’t make sense because there is no color event that I’m aware of. So what would trigger the comparison? In the case you described, you are causing the event by setting the color.

Thanks for the clarification, I’m used to thinking the way the old ST operated, “when someone arrives”. That fired every time someone came home without first evaluating the truth.
I created a separate rule for my wife but I am going to try the reverse logic as well to cut down on the number of rules.
BTW, I tried Trigger Happy for one rule but it doesn’t take decimals for temperature, sound familiar :wink::grinning:

This has been fixed.

Thanks, that would be great!

Just want to say that this is awesome. My Osram Lightify bulbs have a habit of turning themselves on without warning so I used it for the first time last night to alert me if they come on whilst the house is in Away mode.

Thinking of rather than alerting, that it should possibly turn them off it it happens too.

Very useful.

Logging is now optional.

1 Like

@bravenel Nice job on the app… this will keep me from writing all those custom apps.

Can you add in a feature to presence sensors? I’d like to be able to have a setting that allows for the presence sensor to not trigger anything unless its been gone for x minutes. This would allow for false positives.

Also, I couldn’t tell but is there a way to say “if temp outside is > inside temp then do… blah?” same for the humidity. Essentially, I’d like to say if the temp is hotter outside than inside and the windows are open then text me to my cell phone.

@bravenel How did you get the idea to run a parent child relationship in the apps? Is this documented somewhere?

This feature was added yesterday, comparing two sensors.

I think you can do this using a delayed rule combined with another one. First rule catches the change, second rule looks again later. Something like that might work…

When Rule Machine was first published, @slagle suggested this, and @Mike_Maxwell provided the parent app. Smart Lighting is done this way, as are both Rule Machine and Trigger Happy. It is documented here: http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-developers-guide/parent-child-smartapps.html

I am actually now able to use @bravenel’s GitHub integration without doing ANYTHING on github. You just have to add @bravenel’s GitHub repository to your IDE under My Smartapps-Settings. The problem is @bravenel’s repository is named identical to ST’s public repo, so when you go to update, it’s hard to tell which one you are pointing to. I wonder if @bravenel can rename his public repo from SmartthingsPublic to something else? I tested this with other developer’s personal github repo and it works perfect.

See below screenshots.

1 Like

I understand. I’ll look at doing that soon.

OK, I made that change. You can now find my repo called Rule-Trigger. Will update the OP links.

1 Like

Thanks, I updated mine. Only way to really test if it works is updating one of your versions. Also, you seemed to have copied the entire ST Public repo into your very own, which might cause some confusion for some folks. It looks like all you need is a “smartapps” and “devicetypes” subfolders under “Rule-Trigger” with just the code for those smartapps stored in the “smartapps” folder.

I had no idea what I was doing, and the instructions said I had to fork the ST public repo. I don’t know how to remove the rest of the ST public repo from my repo, nor do I understand how this works (just faking it, until something sort of works!).

1 Like