Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

When it comes to Android, keyboards are like haircuts- everybuddy has a different one…
I tried editing from a different device and had far more options than the “.-” that my phone gave me.
I then changed from the default LG keyboard to a stock android one and all is well. THANKS!!

1 Like

Android drives me crazy as a developer of ST apps. It’s really poor. The mobile app on iOS is much better, although it isn’t great.

1 Like

It’s funny how [True] means nothing anymore :unamused:

Sorry for the delay. I updated with the latest and the ZWN-SC7 is working great again. Thanks!

1 Like

Can Anybody help? My rule is firing , but the set point does not get set? I have danfoss living connect thermostats.

Perhaps you should show the rule that is firing.

Hi Bravenel,

I believe this is the rule

Have i done something wrong? My iPhone says the rule i running right? But the set point does not get set…?

So what’s different than a week ago when you thought this didn’t work, and then discovered that it did work??

nothing is different. first it didn’t work, then it did work (at least i thought so), then it didn’t after all… Then i decided not to post anything before i had done some testing… and conclusion is now that it seems like the rule is running… but the thermostat just doesn’t receive its new set point. I dont know what the problem is…

“Termostat højre” is running in the same rule and gets set…

“Termostat venstre” shows the rule running, but thermostat does not get set…?

Dont know what else to say - maybe it just can’t be fixed…

If you want you can have my logon details and have a look yourself…?

The logs you are showing are not useful. Send me a Private Message, so I can take a look.

Error in new scheduler

The new scheduler has a problem right now that effects delays in Rules: milliseconds of delay does not work. What happens is that it will delay by that number of seconds, instead of milliseconds.

Hopefully, this will be addressed soon…

1 Like

Well, that explains why my 75000 milliseconds seemed to take almost 21 hours… Geesh!

1 Like

Gotta love the Rocky & Bullwinkle Quality Control department testing this new scheduler…

1 Like

Well… If I understand correctly, the new scheduler actually went out for a user Beta (though a pretty short period). I wonder if the Beta users noticed this or if it was a last minute change before full roll-out.

I faced QA/Regression test nightmares at Sybase nearly 20 years ago, and came up with a pretty thorough solution, given a lot of constraints (there were no actual product specifications … just the user manuals!). Still… Not. Rocket. Science. :rocket: :fireworks:

:grinning: I wonder who the beta testers are and are the alpha testers still with ST?

6 Likes

TPS = Times Per mili Second or
Testing Protocol @ SmartThings

1 Like

So I have a rule based on illumes from a weather station. Recently it stopped working. However if I go to the rule to edit and do nothing and just hit done the rules is triggered

Probably the weather station is not generating an illuminance event to run the rule evaluation. You hitting Done forces it to run.

No because I look at the app and it actually show below my threshold. That is how I knew to go into RM to kick it off. I am also using pollster to get the data every 15 min and the log of the weather app shows the data came in 2 hours before I went into RM