SmartThings Community

Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

(GarageDoor MartInc) #4922

Good to know about it. Perfect!

(Colin) #4923

And, if anybody was still using Rule Machine… seems the interface/smart app is dead dead dead… but the rules are still processing… Odd!

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #4924

Very sad… I was a huge supporter of this app… I hated to see it go but from its ashes came a more powerful beast.

(Colin) #4925

Yeah, CoRE is more powerful, but that’s almost to it’s detriment. Still trying to get my stuff moved over

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #4926

It is a beast that much is for sure…

(Colin) #4928

Yes, I know. I have CoRE installed. It’s quite powerful, just not as easy to use.

(nicholas) #4929

I’m still ok on my end. Just created 3 new ones and working fine under rm.

(Mark) #4930

My install of rule machine seems to be fine as well.

(TJ) #4931

My installation of RM is still working - for now. Have Core/Piston installed, but haven’t had the time nor patience to start transitioning my rules over. Once of these days I’ll have the time AND the will…

(nicholas) #4932

I though RM was powerfull. Wait until you start playing with CoRE! There is a learning curve.

(Nick Snyder) #4933

Yea it took me a long time to finally make the transition. Glad I did but boy was there a learning curve.

(Brad Langhorst) #4934

My install of RM is working as well. I’ve been waiting to transition to CoRE until it is in the official release status. I am dreading the learning curve though.

(Travis) #4935

might as well jump aboard now… the learning curve is steep depending on how you want your pistons set up. If you want a lot of simple pistons, its nearly as easy at RM was… where it gets complicated is if you want lots of things to happen with multiple conditions and groups…

(Eric) #4936

There are plenty of people willing to help and no one will tell you to read through 3000+ posts before asking your question. [To clarify, that was NOT sarcasm.]

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #4937

Well I’m not answering any thing until I see video proof they’ve read through all 4800+ in this thread.

(Michael Hess) #4938

So much knowledge in those 4800 posts! It’s just like reading a full set of encyclopedia’s that had all the bindings removed, and were put into a dryer to shuffle the pages!

Sounds like a challenge!

(Mark Whipp) #4939

Readers Digest version here…
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=CoREnotes

( I hate Mondays) #4940

Provide a CRC for all read comments. MD5 will work, as long as it’s mentally calculated.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #4941

Hmmmm uhhhhhhh ummmmmmm ok