Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

To further prove that the false action is running, I added a 5 second delay to it, changed bulb level to 90 and pushed a notification. It did exactly that - turned on and 5 seconds later it brightened to 90 and sent a notification “Rule Sofa Button 1 Pushed False Sofa Minimote”.

cc6509d4-1ca1-4279-a3bd-cdc38ce561a9  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎57: debug setLevel 90 
085c8981-57f0-4c63-b37c-20bca6a218d2  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎52: info Sofa Button 1 Pushed is now False 
085c8981-57f0-4c63-b37c-20bca6a218d2  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎52: info Sofa Button 1 Pushed is False, but delayed by 5 seconds 
085c8981-57f0-4c63-b37c-20bca6a218d2  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎52: info Sofa Button 1 Pushed: Sofa Minimote button pushed 
085c8981-57f0-4c63-b37c-20bca6a218d2  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎51: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.HubMultiAction.add() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:hue, value:52, isStateChange:true, ...]]
Possible solutions: add(java.lang.String), add(java.util.List), add(physicalgraph.device.HubAction), add(physicalgraph.device.HubMultiAction), any(), any(groovy.lang.Closure) @ line 2219 
085c8981-57f0-4c63-b37c-20bca6a218d2  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎50: info Sofa Button 1 Pushed: Sofa Minimote button pushed 
cc6509d4-1ca1-4279-a3bd-cdc38ce561a9  ‎21‎:‎30‎:‎50: debug setColor [hue:52, saturation:19, level:35] 

(Those debug messages from the bulb are normal. All my LIFX bulbs generate them, even when changing their state manually through the ST app.)

Wow! That’s amazing. It’s as if the error causes some internal method of Rule to execute again after the error is thrown.

Going to the root problem, the error being thrown: The only thing I can think of is that this has something to do with the LIFX Device Handler. This code works perfectly for other color bulbs and throws no errors. What it is about the LIFX Device Handler that could be causing this, if anything (I don’t want to cast any aspersions, I simply do not know), is beyond my pay grade.

Your screenshots show the rule to be well formed, with no weirdness in and of itself.

I’m stumped.

So I’m trying to use my rgbw cabinet lights to warn if the alarm is still on when I take my dogs out. If the lights are on already, the color doesn’t switch to red. More of an orange white, when motion is registered. When the alarm is then disabled, the light switches colors, but not back to its original color:

Ideally id like to use the built in “police colors” of the fibaro, but cant seem to find out how.

Thoughts/assistance?

Edit:
Got it! For “somethings opened” I selected all contact sensors and when armed (stay), using custom commands to get the police lights to work! Now I can tweak this or change completely, once I get more colored lights in my environment.

You and me both. :confounded:

I’m certain it’s the error that is responsible, not LIFX in general. The colour setting is a known issue with the LIFX integration. As I said, if I use any other action, say dim, where there isn’t an error, it’s fine. I will try to find a workaround for what I need.

In a way I’m glad I wasn’t just being stupid, but then again…

Bruce,

What device are you supposed to use in rule machine to open or close the keen smart vent fully as an action in a rule ? They appear under switches but don’t seem to work. I am using the motion (occupied) signal from the ecobee3 in a smart app as a condition to open.

See this post:

3 Likes

Thanks Bruce, playing with it now!

1 Like

@bravenel any ideas?
Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

That device handler does not conform to the documentation. Evidently, it does not support the command setThermostatMode(enum). That is the command that Rule Machine uses to set the thermostat mode, and it is not to be found in that device handler.

The device handler does support some non-standard commands for setting the thermostat mode (e.g. modeoff(), modeheat(), etc., so it would be possible to add the setThermostatMode command and have it call those other methods. In other words, you or someone needs to fix the device handler.

Or, you should be able to use Expert Features to use the modeoff() command as a custom command.

I have a rule that doesn’t appear to be working. It’s supposed to trigger from an event in a custom Device (that I wrote). My assumption is that my Device Handler isn’t working correctly for the Rule to properly work. Though I do see the changes for my device in the Things list, as well in notifications. My guess is that maybe the “value” I’m reporting is breaking the “<” condition.

I am a newbie at coding for SmartThings…what’s the approach I should take for debugging this with Rule Manager?

@bravenel Quick question is there a way to schedule every other weekly events?

What I’m looking to do is use the Keen vents in my daughters room. I have her every other weekend so Ideally if I could have them open every other instead of every weekend(without adding hardware like motion sensors) it would save a few pennies.

If not no biggie just thought I’d ask.

You need to provide more information. If you turn on Live Logging, and isolate to the rule in question, it will show you any events that it receives. So you could see it it’s even seeing the event, and then go from there.

I’ve not seen the Rule listed in Live Logging. How long do I need to wait for it to show up?

Cause the event to occur. If you don’t see the rule in the logs, then that means it isn’t getting any events. You can also go to IDE / My Locations / List SmartApps / click on this rule. It will show you the internal state of the rule, including its event subscriptions. Check those subscriptions and see if they make sense for your device.

Perhaps, by using a virtual switch. The virtual switch would flip from on to off to on once a week. Then its state could be a condition for a rule – its the “my week” indicator. Your rule would essentially want to fire every week, but only every other week would the switch be in the right state.

OK. I’ve also noticed that I’m not using the most recent version of your code, so I’ve hooked in your GitHub repository…now just trying to figure out what I did wrong as it’s not incorporating your latest version.

Thanks for the help.

That shouldn’t matter for this.

K Think I get it, say a rule to turn it on on Friday and off on Thur. When it’s on is my week then so rule true when on.

Sound right?

Thanks

You could have a rule that toggles the switch every Friday at some time. Then your other rule just adds the switch state as a condition.

Gotcha I didn’t dig down yet to see if every other was an option in Rule Machine. Pre-planning as I just ordered the vents. Thanks Again.

Oh wait toggle so if on then off and off then on?