OK, this is a weird one.
There are two devices involved here:
- a Leviton wifi light switch/dimmer
- a Philips Hue Edison bulb
For 2 years, I have linked these two devices together using the “smart lighting” smartapp in the smartthings environment to mirror the behavior of the Hue light to the command from the wifi switch. It has worked flawlessly.
About 3-4 weeks ago, the Hue light stopped responding to the mirroring behavior. In fact, the creation of either a routine (formerly “automation”) or a webcore piston fails to control the Hue from the wifi switch behavior.
Now this is where it gets weirder:
- both the wifi switch and the Hue bulb work with their own, respective apps
- both the wifi switch and the Hue bulb can be 100% controlled from the smartthings app directly
- both the wifi switch and the Hue bulb can be controlled from Google Home via GH’s connection to smartthings
- other Hue lights in my environment remain controllable from smartthings smartapps, routines, scenes and webcore
I have tried many things and cannot get this mirror effect to occur again.suggestions?