Ring Floodcam

Anyone seen this? apparently integrated with Smartthings?

1 Like

Hasn’t been released yet but will probably integrate pretty much the same as the doorbell. Hopefully, there will also be independent control of the light through ST as well but I wouldn’t count on it.

At ring site:

"Frequently Asked Questions

Is Floodlight Cam compatible with HomeKit, SmartThings, Wink and IFTTT?

Yes. Floodlight Cam easily connects with many popular smart devices and hubs, including Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, Wink and more. You can also use IFTTT to connect with other devices and get the most out of your smart home."

Also,
there is an option to buy premium for 100$ a year with unlimited camera’s. I now pay 30$ x2 for my front + backyard doorbell.
But i think you can share the account with your family, thus paying 1x 100$ a year and then add multiple camera’s. The only tricky part is that the person who pays the 100$ has access to all camera’s. IMO you should trust your family/friends you share the account-plan with, but still mentioning it :slight_smile:

Hi,

The date is now 6/23/2017 and here is an update to this inquiry. It is a transcript of my contact with Ring regarding this topic.

Chat started on 23 Jun 2017, 08:57 PM (GMT+0)
(08:57:54) *** Visitor 55641627 joined the chat ***
(08:57:54) kokass: Hi, the original FAQ for Ring Floodlight Cam indicate support for SmartThings. I was wondering when support will be available and if there are instructions for doing so if that feature is ready.
(08:57:59) *** Chuck joined the chat ***
(08:58:39) Chuck : Hi, thank you for contacting Ring! My name is Chuck. Give me a moment and I will check on this for you.
(08:58:46) kokass: Thank you Chuck.
(08:59:02) Chuck : Not a problem.
(09:04:47) Chuck : Sorry for the wait. At this time, we do not have any information regarding the Smart things integration with our Flood light Camera. Pleas continue to check ring.com/plus for any updates regarding upcoming systems we will be integrating with.
(09:05:34) kokass: It is strange. Why does the FAQ unequivocally state support then? It is unfortunate, I bought this device on release expecting compatibility similar to my Ring Doorbell Pro. It’s now a couple months in.
(09:06:40) kokass: I realize you’re only support. But please relay the message if you can. It is the very first FAQ answered on the product site https://ring.com/floodlightcam. Much appreciated.
(09:07:17) Chuck : Sorry for that. I will do so. Thank you for the input.
(09:07:43) *** kokass has commented: I love Ring products. But, re: Floodlight, FAQ number 1 is an outright lie based on the messaging support just gave me. “Is Floodlight Cam compatible with SmartThings, Wink and IFTTT? Yes. Floodlight Cam easily connects with many popular smart devices and hubs, including Samsung SmartThings, Wink and more. You can also use IFTTT to connect with other devices and get the most out of your smart home.” ***
(09:07:45) *** kokass left the chat ***

Oct 18th 2017 and still waiting…

Its available in Argos and amazon .co.uk

Sorry, I wasn’t more clear. I already have one from Amazon. I’m waiting for ST integration.