RGBW Strip, Use Both LEDS Types at the same time

Hey guys,

I have a LED RGBW Zigbee strip with the default DH and i’m looking to have both sets of LEDS on at once. IE the colour and the white LEDs.

Is there a way to do that, I find with only one LED type on, its too widely spaced and not providing the effect im looking for.

Thanks!

This will be in the device handler itself, most RGBW are set so if white gets called color turns off and vice versa. IT can be changed but it would be a custom thing.

If you go into the IDE (https://account.smartthings.com/) then My Devices and click it you should be able to see what device handler it’s using.

Hey there,

Yeah that’s what I’m asking :slight_smile:

Does anyone know of a DH that can use both LEDs at the same time?

Sorry if that was not clear :slight_smile:

I don’t think there is one is what I’m saying. But depending on what DTH you are using (which you can see going into devices) it can be modified easily.

Cool thanks,

I’m not really sure what I would need to look for in the DH though. I’m not a dev, but do a bit of powershell for work, so could work it out maybe if I knew what to look for?

See which one your device is using, what device type is listed when you go in and try to edit it, and I can take a quick look. There’s a line in there that pretty much says if RGB than white is 0 and if white is greater than zero than RGB is 0. Should be relatively easy to eliminate