[Request] Guide for Transition to New SmartThings App [SmartThings Platform Updates]

Hello.
After recently news that Samsung has announced,
[Updates to the SmartThings Platform]
I’m little confused about the translation from Classic ST to New ST app, and if some SmartApps will continue to work (Echo Speaks for example will no longer be accessible on September 8, 2020)
See: [Release] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Also there are different Alexa Skills
The old skill was renamed to Smartthings Classic and there is new available skill on Alexa app.
[New SmartThings Alexa skill (2020)]

Also I personally use the “Smappee” energy monitor that used to be on marketplace (Classic ST App) and after contacting smartthings support team, they told me that my energy meter is not officially supported by New ST App

What does it mean? I should throw away my energy meter and purchase a new one that it’s supported by New SmartThings App?

Also I have read that many users are switching to HA or other automation platforms.

So I’m wondering what’s going on??

• Is there any official guideline?

• Should we remove the old skill and install only the new one via Alexa App?

• Do devices that used to be on marketplace will continue to be supported by new SmartThings App?

• Is there any alternative to Echo Speaks that many people from the community use daily for home automations before killing it on September 8?

Thanks in advance

The official guidance is in the following thread:

Updates to the SmartThings Platform

The EchoSpeaks discussion is in the author thread. (The topic title is a clickable link.)

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-echo-speaks-v3-actions/173073/1052

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for you persistence on keeping this great app alive and well!