The device handlers for Roomba haven’t been updated in a long time and none of them work with the new app.
I’m here today to fix that. This device handler is a modified version of the original device handler from this thread from 2016
First, I want to think the original authors and contributors
Steve-Gregory, Adrian Caramaliu, Justin Dybedahl
You can find my DTH here:
Setup: setup is the same as it was before. You can use either the cloud or the local API. For more information see the original thread.
Compatibility: 900/i/s series, and probably Braava (only WiFi models).
1.1: Attempted to get healthcheck working
1.0: Initial release
- Rewrote app to use standard capability robotCleanerMovment for state display and buttons.
- Because this capability is proposed and doesn’t yet support automations, I’ve used the switch capability, which also displays on the dashboard view
We will try to add the following features
- Set cleaningPasses (one, two, auto)
- Set carpetBoost (auto, performance, eco)
- Set edgeClean (on, off)
- Set alwaysFinish (on, off)
However, although I figured out finally how to make custom capabilities in ST, there are some unresolved problems with the Roomba API, so I may only be able to implement #3 and #4.