[RELEASE] My Ecobee Device V4 with thermostat multi-tile UI (pictures below)

Hi @Odysseus, the $20 device includes the smartapp to expose the ecobee3 remote sensors.

The other smartapps that are related to ecobee are under the github:

The only paid smartapp for the moment is the one that allows you to create zones within your home
using smart vents.

It is called ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule.
Regards

The cost of this software is well worth it!

Thnx Kurt!..

1 Like

@yvesracine I just installed the new ecobee3RemoteSensorInit (from the $20 device from your site), but when I execute the SmatApp, the 2nd page is blank. I saw that the wiki says:

I executed ecobee3RemoteSensorInit smartapp, but the 2nd page is blank

If you have a blank page in ecobee3RemoteSensorInit or “a unexpected error occurred” while executing the smartapp, please check the following:

Make sure that you have the latest firmware (at least v3.6) as motion sensors are not detected prior to that firmware version.
Make sure that all your remote sensors are actually reporting to the physical thermostat…
In some cases, remote sensors may have some connection issues with your physical thermostat, and the smartapp is not able to detect them.

I am running firmware version 3.6.1.228 and my remote sensors are currently reporting to the thermostat.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Hi @ninjawa,

First, make sure that your ecobee device is connected and operational.

If you press the “refresh” tile, do you any values being updated in the “Recently” tab under your ST app?

The device and smartapp have been running smoothly at many user locations, so there may be something
specific to your location or it’s a temporary ST glitch.

Otherwise, you’d need to activate live logging and PM me your logs.

Please follow the steps described at the ST community wiki for more tracing (troubleshooting section, item 9)`:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Troubleshooting

Please send me your logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com as I’m not always in the ST forum. It’s also easier for me to follow any customer issues through gmail conversations.

Regards.

Hi, my Zoned Heating/Cooling solutions are a good complement to my Ecobee device, and are specifically designed to run well with it.

Refer to this thread for more information:

Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Following the new release I sent this weekend, MyEcobee device should be able to run for weeks (and probably for months) without any auth issues (provided that the ST cloud backend is not failing on us) as I’ve implemented some extended watchdog workarounds so that My Service Manager can run despite the current ST scheduler issues.

If it’s not the case at your location, then you may some configuration issues that need to be solved.

I’m personally monitoring many user locations as some of my contributors have also bought some of my support packages at my store (in order to avoid dealing with upgrading to the latest version):

The support packages are available at my store:

http://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/#!store/tc3yr

These support packages allow the contributors to enjoy MyEcobee device without having to worry about any auth or refreshing issues.

In any case, the instructions provided with the last package sent this weekend should be sufficient for the watchdog configuration.

Regards.

The new version has been distributed to all contributors.

For those of who have bought the support package, the upgrade has been done for you!

http://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/#!store/tc3yr

Regards.

P.S. Thanks to all beta testers: John L. August G., Yann O., Carlo M. Huy N., Kurt S.

What if I had your old version of the ecobee3 how would I clean my smart things to install this newer version?

Hi, you just need to copy and paste the code into the IDE, save & publish.

However, the code for the remote sensors has changed quite a bit, so you would need to uninstall Ecobee3RemoteSensorInit and re-install the code for the smartapp only.

If you have further questions, send an email to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

Regards

Ok thanks!!!

To whom it may concern,

Today, I sent the following update (v4.1.6) to all my contributors:

• Now the Service Manager relies on atomicState variables to store local storage values.
  • Added logic in MyEcobee device to call the parent (Service Manager) for refreshing tokens; if not possible, then it does the refresh action locally in the child device to avoid any auth token issues.

If you are using the standalone device with a PIN authentication, and are satisfied with it, you do not need to do anything. The service manager is often used for simpler installation and maintenance.

Now, that most of the ST users have been transferred to the new scheduler (ticker), there should be much less scheduling and auth tokens issues.

If you still are experiencing scheduling or other configuration issues, you can purchase one of my support packages and I can review your configuration for you (see link to my store below).

http://ecomatiqhomes.com/#!store/tc3yr

Please refer to the beginning of this thread to have the complete list of features related to MyEcobee device. The custom device enables you to unlock many more features than the stock ST device…

There is also an ecosystem of smartapps available at my github. The smartapps can only work with MyEcobee device as they leverage its unique features.

Regards.

2 Likes

How has your latest upgraded version been running thus far? If it looks like things have settled down I wanted to give it another go around. Are you still doing the distribution of the latest code via a temporary download location that times out or have you upgraded that as well? I never got the email with the latest version to download.

Can I use my Aeon Multisensor 6 as a motion / temperature sensor with this?

Hi @Jack_R,

Sorry, but I don’t understand your question. This is a DTH (Device Type Handler)…It’s a feature complete substitution for the stock ST device as the stock device just exposes about 10% of the ecobee APIs.

Are you asking if you can use your Aeon Gen 6 with my zoned Heating/Cooling solutions?

If this is your question, the answer is yes. If you do have an ecobee thermostat at your home, you’d also need to purchase MyEcobee Device, as my smartapps leverage its unique set of features _to achieve the best comfort & efficiency levels. In fact, you can use any ST connected sensors with my zoned heating/cooling solutions (Iris Motion/Temp Sensors, SmartSense sensors, wireless tags , etc.)

Please consult this thread for more details:

And, please send any further questions to services@maisonsecomatiq.com as I’m not always in the forum, and it’s easier to get each user request’s context through gmail conversations.

My ecobee device and the Zoned Heating/Cooling smartapps are available now at my store:

Regards.

1 Like

Yes you answered my question. I recognize that I need to purchase your device code to use your smartapps. Thanks

Hi @Jack_R, it is strongly recommended to buy MyEcobee device to achieve the best level of comfort and efficiency. Otherwise, my smartapps will create successive ‘holds’ at your ecobee thermostat.

EDIT: With my ecobee device, you have also access to an ecosystem of smartapps at my github:

http://github.com/yracine/device-type.myecobee/tree/master/smartapps

Regards.

Yves,

I see that you can change Ecobee’s mode with a change ST mode. I’ve been doing that with a virtual switch, a routine and IFTTT. When going to an ST Away mode when everyone is gone, I have the mode change on Ecobee delayed by 45 min. to allow a quick trip somewhere. So that modes aren’t swinging back and forth. Can you delay the mode change with your smartapp?

No, I do not have a delay, as most people usually want to do it right away.

With my smartapps, you can ‘resume’ the ecobee program rapidly based on many conditions, I do not see the problem with switching mode (even for a short trip)… Sometimes, a short trip can take longer than you originally think also…

Refer to the following smartapps at the ST community wiki:

ecobeeChangeMode (to switch to any mode, ex. “Away”).
ecobeeResumeProg (to resume the program based on a ST hello mode change, motion, or a presence sensor).

More details here:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Unpublished_SmartApps

Regards.

Hi, Just to let you know, I added a delay as optional parameter to the ecobeeChangeMode smartapp.

Regards.