[RELEASE] Mode Change Actions - Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change

Hey I am one of those people that always wanted this! I would love to try it, but at $20-$30 for just this seems pretty steep. [I have no interest in all your other cool smartapps] Any other options available?

I’ve decided that my post doesn’t add any value to the discussion at hand and would better be posted elsewhere, which I am not going to do, I’ll leave that to others if they feel it is necessary. Cheers!

4 Likes

I agree that it can be frustrating not to find an arbitrary discount code until after you’ve made a purchase, but it’s not uncommon across the entire retail industry.

I don’t think the price is unreasonable though.

1 Like

###Open Door/Window/Switch/Lock Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 1.3.1

• Workaround for ST Android App options not showing up correctly on the main page

@SBDOBRESCU I found a way around, I’ve posted it on a another thread where I’ve posted the HREF problem. There are 2 ways to use HREF, one of them works while the other is broken in Android, but thankfully one still works. Enjoy!!

3 Likes

I got where you were coming from.
I partake in ios jailbreak and pay for tons of “tweaks” so I have no issues paying for developer’s work but I have never encountered the membership model where to get 1 cool feature I have to buy the rest…
Good work nontheless…

This is working for me. Awesome and thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @RBoy… love the apps… feature request… can you add a time delay option? I assume most of us use Routines to lock doors, turn off lights, etc when we change modes… so, it’s common when I leave, for a door to be unlocked and some lights left on… the Routine locks and turns them off… I’d like your app to go behind the Routine and verify that it all executed as planned… as it is, it executes immediately, before the Routine has had a chance to do its job… so, adding a X minute delay option would give the Routine time to complete or time out and then your app would notify and clean up the remaining items… truly wish ST were more reliable, but your app could be great to ‘trust, but verify’. Thanks for the consideration.

Yes I 've thought about this and felt the same you have. Adding the feature isn’t the issue, i’m worried about the stability of the scheduler, what happens if it doesn’t call the method. This scheduler has been unreliable from day one and doesn’t seem like they’ll every solve the issues with it. It just makes the app as reliable as the weakest link in the chain.
Let me give it a shot and if it gives trouble I’ll remove the feature.

1 Like

###Open Door/Window/Switch/Lock Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 1.4.0

• Added support for delayed checking/actions to allow routines to complete their stuff before checking
  • Added support for contact address book (future feature from ST)
1 Like

You are the man!

Yeah, relying on ST to clean up after ST (which was cleaning up after us humans (who didn’t lock the door in the first place)), isn’t ideal… wish there were another way to verify…

Thanks for the quick update… I’ll let you know if I notice any issues…

1 Like

###Open Door/Window/Switch/Lock Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 1.4.1

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

###Open Door/Window/Switch/Lock Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 1.5.0

• Fix for bug in ST App v2.2.0 causing options to display properly on the pages
  • Added ability to check for switches left off and turn them on (e.g. night lights, cameras etc)
1 Like

###Open Door/Window/Switch/Lock Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 1.6.0

• Fixed an issue with mode specific notifications
  • Added ability to automatically check for SmartApp and Device Handler updates and notify user

After updating the code, open the SmartApp and click Done for the changes to take effect

On request from users:

###Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.00

• Added ability to check and control states of more devices (Valves, Window Shades, Locks etc) on mode changes
  • Fixed an issue with garage doors not closing on mode change

###Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.01

• Minor improvement to text layout in some cases

Is there a faster / more streamlined method to update than manually copying/pasting the code from the password protected site with each dot release? Something closer to git-style integration?

Thanks!

Not yet, but we’re working on some options using gitHub, so possibly in future.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it — thanks!

I would also love to use github rather than the current method.
Thanks!

###Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.02

• Update for ST phone app changes, you can now separate multiple SMS numbers with a *
1 Like