[Release] JSmartApp - iOS SmartThings client

What does the Driver Type show as for the virtual device?

LAN

Version 1.1.11 is now available in TestFlight. This version includes:

• Widgets that support quick access to a device from the Lock Screen or home screen
  • Fix for accurately displaying executing locally
  • Fix for displaying the device room when launched from a URL

The widget support in this version if pretty basic. I have some more ideas but this is the start. To use the widget, display a device you are interested in. Press the Generate Device URL button to get the URL. Then add the widget to the Lock Screen or Home Screen. Modify the setting for the widget and enter the URL for the Device URL. It should show the name and icon for the device. When tapped, it will take you directly to that device. The icon wonā€™t update with status of the device.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Thank you,
Julian

LOL I just noticed our phone shows in this app :slight_smile: we have wanted this in the ST app for ages.

1 Like

I should mention, this isnā€™t the most beautiful widget there is. It works well for the Lock Screen but isnā€™t as good on the Home Screen. This is a first attempt but Iā€™ll see what I can do to improve it

1 Like

I got excited about Lock Screen widgets and then realized that was an iOS 16 feature and I havenā€™t yet upgraded! Not sure how to add the link to the Home Screen?

Yes, the lock screen widget does require iOS 16.

To add a widget to the Home Screen, get the URL for the device you are interested in. On the Home Screen - long hold somewhere to be able to add widgets. Add the JSmartApp widget. Hold on the widget to change settings and then enter the URL there. It should display the name and icon for the device and when you tap it, the device details will display.

v1.1.14 is now available in TestFlight.

This version allows more widget options including the medium size widget can show up to 4 device links at a time for the Home Screen. Right now you have to copy each link you want to use for each device into the widget. It is a bit cumbersome but it does work

1 Like

Iā€™m just not seeing the JSmartApp widget anywhereā€¦ maybe because Iā€™m not yet running iOS 16? Even for the Home Screen widget?

Looks like you are correct - the widgets currently only appear in iOS 16. I will look to make a change to support both iOS 15 and iOS 16.

Thanks,
Julian

Thank you. Should be a moot point soon when we all switch to iOS16, but my company wonā€™t let me do so just yetā€¦

Version 1.1.17 now available in TestFlight supports Home Screen widgets for iOS 15.5

JSmartApp is now released and available in the App Store: ā€ŽJSmartApp on the AppĀ Store

For installation details, go to JWerfel.com

JSmartApp is an iOS SmartThings client which provides fast and easy access to view and control your devices. It also includes lock screen and Home Screen widgets for accessing your devices and viewing the status of your smart home.

If you have any questions or feature requests, let me know! If you are enjoying the app, tips are always welcome!

Here are some screen shots from the app:

1 Like

Nice looking iOS app!

Question: as I have two locations (two hubs), is there an easy way to switch between sites? I see in the ā€˜Setupā€™ section of the help text on the JWerfel website, location is used during setup. What isnā€™t clear to me is whether the location can be changed while using the appā€“or must one go back into Setup to change locations?

From the Settings tab there is an option to switch locations. I only have one location so I havenā€™t done very much usability testing with it but it should work. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks for using the app,
Julian

1 Like

The site selection works fine. Perhaps not as convenient as the pull-down in the upper left of the SmartThings appā€“but itā€™s good enough for now. Nice feature set in the app! I think it will be very useful, particularly during the Groovy->Edge transition. Nicely done, thank you!

1 Like