[RELEASE] Homebridge SmartThings v2.0

Plugin Change Notice

I’m about to make things slightly more confusing but simpler in the end :slight_smile:

In an effort to simplify the discovery and maintenance of the SmartThings plugin for Homebridge I wanted to consolidate the available packages in NPM.
So I reached out to @pdlove who was the owner of the homebridge-smartthings plugin to get access to the GitHub repository and NPM package, and he quickly relinquished control to me.
I then updated the repository and package to the latest version to match that of my homebridge-smartthings-v2 plugin code.

Once I updated the repository and plug I then submitted the homebridge-smartthings plugin for review to become a verified homebridge plugin, and as of this morning it’s officially verified and will become the plugin I maintain going forward.
I’m going to removing the homebridge-smartthings-tonesto7 and homebridge-smartthings-v2 packages from node package manager so they are no longer searchable and archiving the GitHub repos.

How will this affect plugin updates?

If you are already running my v2 plugin please do the following:

• Install the homebridge-smartthings plugin
  • Remove the homebridge-smartthings-v2 (Make sure the Remove Configuration option is not checked if using the WebUI to manage your plugins)
  • Just restart Homebridge and it will use the existing configuration file from the v2 plugin.

If you are using the existing homebridge-smartthings or homebridge-smartthings-tonesto7 you will need to start over which will remove your ST devices from HomeKit and add them as new devices.

6 Likes