[RELEASE] Heatit Z-TRM2fx / Z-TRM3 Electronic Thermostat Device Handler (Official)

Hi there. Ive bought and am using this DH to the TRM2fx, my problem is where there is no floor sensor, and the thermostat is installed on the other side of the door compared to where it is heating.
Originally it was a “3-step-switch” that was installed there.

Is it possible to either use a standalone temperaturesensor (aquara), or to use the thermostat in powermode? for excample just run it at 25%?

Hi there. The thermostat requires a temperature sensor connected to it to operate. However you can use any of the apps in the first post which support a remote temperature sensor along with the device to operate it, that way it ignores the sensor connected to the thermostat and uses an external sensor in a different room to control the overall temp. This is one such app: [RELEASE] 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Scheduler (Weekday, Weekend) with Remote Temperature Sensor for each Schedule

Hi. I have 3 z-trm2fx thermostat and for some reason they suddenly goes offline. I have used them for over a year with another system than ST (FutureHome) with no issues at all so I know there isn’t a problem with the thermostats. There are z-wave devices nearby, and one of them acutally is only 5 meters away from the ST hub.
Does not help to Update in IDE. Only solution I have found is to delete device from IDE, reset the thermostat and search for it again.
Any tips to fix this issue? All other devices seems to work fine (30+)

We aren’t seeing any issues here, it’s been running for over a month now but I’ve PM’d you so we can deep dive to see if the hub is losing the connection with the device or if the platform is marking the device offline or something else.

Thank you so much!
Just replied to the PM

Hi. I’m experiencing the same issue. I have a v2 hub and 7x x-trm2fx. For about the last 2 weeks the devices have been intermittently going offline. The only way I have been able to recover the devices is to reset them. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern to which devices go offline either.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline again after I reset it one week ago :frowning:

Hi,
Looks like the communication between the thermostat and the hub is the main issue. Too me it looks like either the z-wave chip in the thermostat is the reason or there is some kind of memory leak causing this behavior.
Could this be the HUB acting up? Because when restarting it everything comes online again for a while.
At this point im starting to hate both this thermostat and the whole Smarthing. Ive struggeled for a year now with this.

For you guys that are having trouble with the thermostat. What FW is on your thermostat?

I know that many people have seen great improvements when upgrading to the latest fw.
One of the reason was that the thermostat was spamming the zwave network with power reports, causing trouble for the thermostat and the whole zwave network.

Does it show anywhere on web console or the APP?

I’m not sure. I dont have this device myself, but have helped other upgrade the fw.

Maybe @RBoy knows if its possible to read the current fw

Just read on other forums about this same issues with falling out and they also say its the firmware that need to be updated since the older version is spamming the z-wave due to 1w sensitivity reporting among overload of reporting.

I find the following info on my thermostats on the web console:
Raw Description zw:Ls type:0806 mfr:019B prod:0003 model:0202 ver:3.04 zwv:5.03 lib:03 cc:5E,55,6C,98,9F sec:86,85,8E,59,60,72,5A,73,70,7A,43,40,32 role:05 ff:9200 ui:9201 epc:4

So looks like mine might be version 3.04, and latest is 3.6.

Yes the newest version is 3.6 Looking at the update file its actually called 3.06

https://www.thermo-floor.no/userfiles/file/Z-Therm2_slave_enhanced_232_OTA_ZW050x_EU_v3_06.zip

How can the firmware be upgraded to 3.06? Can Smartthings be used for OTA update?

Smartthings does not support OTA, you have to use a zwave stick. Heatit has a guide on how to do it, but I could only find it in norwegian.

I just spoke with a guy making DH and he knew these thermostats, and he saied the best fix for getting them stable is setting parameter 19 and 21 to 300, that will reduce the noice and offline issue even in FW3.4.

Hi there. If you’re using the latest device handler all the settings have been already optimized by default and it even allows you to adjust them through the settings page. HeatIt recommends that users update to firmware 3.6 and HeatIt engineers are investigating the reports of devices which stop responding (it’s not related to ST)

HeatIt Z-TRM2fx Electronic Thermostat Device Handler - version 01.00.07

• Optimized default settings to reduce traffic
  • Allow for additional configuration options through the device settings page
  • Improvements to UI for new ST app
2 Likes

With the newest device handler from RBoyApps and thermostats updated to latest firmware with the z-wave stick, it has been stable for longer then ever before. Waitint a bit and I will update my 2nd thermostat later with the newest firmware.

HeatIt Z-TRM2fx / Z-TRM3 Electronic Thermostat Device Handler - version 01.01.00

• Added support for latest Z-TRM3 thermostat
  • Added basic support for original HeatIt thermostat (thermostat reporting and setpoints)

2 Likes

Hey! I couldn’t find any info about the differences between the TRM2 and the TRM3. Do you know the key differences? Is the TRM3 better/newer? We got some old effect regulators we are looking to upgrade. With any of these thermostats we can toss out these stupid 0-1-2 switches we currently have.