[RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors

In the notifications options page, enable the option for Skip initial notification and set the reminder period (X), now it’ll notify you after X minutes but not the first time.

Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors - version 01.08.00

• (New) Added support to notify when Garage door controllers are opened/closed (MyQ, Linear, Nortek, Meross WiFi etc)

@RBoy @maddie

is there anyway you can make RBOY products update communicated more efficiently aside from posting it here in the forums?

maybe attach version numbers on all smartapps or device handlers at your website http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/

this way, its easier to check and compare version numbers that we have installed against your version numbers in your website? this way we can do updates in one swoop unlike here in the forums that often miss product update announcements.

thank you.

Is there a way to use my Google speakers as a Chime? I have integrated them via Cast web api. They show up as a device for me to do a Speak Notification. And I can broadcast mp3 files to them. But they aren’t an available resource for Chime.

I use the SOMETHING left OPEN Smart-App to alert of doors, windows etc being left open. Sometimes, especially when we have working being done at the house, I want to disable ALL of these alerts with a simple virtual switch. Something left Open Smart App doesn’t allow that. Does you app have that functionality?

Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors - version 01.09.00

• (New) Now you can play from a list of preset (or custom) audio files on your compatible player (Sonos, Bose, Ikea-Sonos SYMFONISK etc)

Seeing as echo speaks is not working, is there another way to have smarttings see my echo devices under chimes in rboys chime and notifications app?

Any plans to support DLNA devices like the Fabriq speaker?

Any way to get this working with Alexa with the current state of things?

I have a security camera inside my garage. Can I use this camera as a motion sensor for the garage door opener smart app?

If you camera provides motion events to SmartThings (e.g. Foscam cameras), then yes this app can use those events to notify you.

I have Samsung Soundbar S66T connected to Smartthings and I am not able to use it in your smart app. I can choose it as using for notification but no sound is coming out. I have not been able to figure out what is wrong. Anyone else with same problem?

That’s probably because your device integration doesn’t support text to speech (TTS). Have you tried playing any of the “sounds” instead of using the speech option?

Thanks for answering, I have tried sounds without luck and TTS is working when using with standard Samsung app speak notifications.

Main reason for using Chimes smart app was possibility to use sounds like dogs barking, bells and alarms but I have o luck with that and SMS notifications are not working either. Maybe I’m doing something wrong hmmm.

Ah ok, SmartThings doesn’t send SMS’s outside the US for privacy regulatory reasons. If the audio files aren’t playing (dog barking, custom Audio URL’s etc) likely your soundbar integration doesn’t support playing back audio files from external servers. These audio files are all hosted on an amazon server and the device should be able to play files from an external server - Sonos and Bose do, it looks like your Samsung Soundbar may not - or if it does, the SmartThings integration doesn’t support it currently.

1 Like

@RBoy Have few inputs on this smartApp after I configured it today. I am using cast-web-api device by @vervallsweg to broadcast messages so that the music can be resumed. When I use this as my audio device, I am not getting any messages. After some debugging, figured that the if condition of audioDevice.hasCommand(“playText”) is failing and the else statement is executed but there is no playTrack commands in the cast-web-api. I was able to resolve this by changing the cast-web-device DTH to include command “playText”. Looks like either his code or your code needs to change for backward compatibility, FYI.

The other thing I noticed is the custom message being garbled with the variable status (string) definitions (the case statement)… Example: I have defined my custom message as is for a long time. Dont forget to close it. And this message is translated as window is was opened a long time. Dont forget to close it. “30min ago” (this is the postText which is supposed to be prefix as per your comments)… Just FYI so that you could change the behavior and also update the documentation on what is automatically added to the message so that people are aware.

Could you expose the elapsed time as a variable just like or to be included in the custom message so that people just can plug it in and let the custom message be as chosen by the user without any alterations… My 2cents.

2 questions:

• to where do i upload a custom audio file? I will have to make a audio url right?
  • you write that it is possible to speak custom messages, but I can’t find this options in the menu (see picture)

Ok I just found my answer for why SMS’s is not working in Denmark. Do you write this on your webpage, can’t find it, remember to update this information if its missing because I bought the software thinking SMS would work. Can’t you somehow get it to work, would be great.

I have Sonos and have some questions regarding audio playback.

• What does “speak” mean, can I speak a custom sound that can be played back? If yes how does it work?
  • I have recorded a file *.m4a in Quicktime and uploaded it to soundcloud.com, but it seems as my Sonos speakers won’t play it, should I do it differently?
  • Under “… at this volumen leven (optional)” I would like the speaker to play at 25%, is that 25 then?

Thank you

i also tried an *.mp3 format on soundcloud but it didn’t work. Maybe its the soundcloud that’s not working. Do you guy/girls have another working way to upload personal clips? Maybe Rboy could help?

Ialso still need help on the question about volumen?

With Ikea smartspeaker - this is “Sonos” - I can play x.mp3 file from my NAS via ST automation